US citizen applied for married son over 21 category

Bharat-2000

Registered Users (C)
Hi, My Father filed an I-130 (un-married son) for me way back in the year 1996 (at MUMBAI,INDIA) and at the time I was under 21
years of age, at that time my father was Permanent residence. Ever since that time, I have crossed 21 years of age and also am now married with 2 kids. My father also become USA citizen. He filed again for F3 category in 2006.I am a canadian citizen living in canada, so they transfer my case to Montreal .I request USCIS to consider my priority date earlier since I AM WAITING FROM 1996. Now, USCIS informed me that we reaffirmed approval of decision and sent your casr for visa process to state department. Any one know about this type of procedure.I will greatly appreciated.Thanks

We need a better timeline to give a correct answer. When did you marry compared to the date he became a citizen - before or after?

Yaa...
Timelines are:
1.My father file petiion for me on USA PR's unmarried son under 21 category ( June 1996 case number for Mumbai,India BMB--------).
2.I got married on (Jan 2000)
3.I received interview for above petition in 2004. I replied USCIS about my current married status.They said when petitioner(father) became USA cutizen apply again.
4.My father became citizen ( jan 2006).Meanwhilw I become Canadian Citizen.
5.My father apply again under USA citizen's married son over 21 ( Feb 2006)
6.I got approval of step (5), with new case number start with Montreal,canada, Like MTL--------- ( Feb 2006)
7.I requested NVC that they should consider my priority date earlier as I am waiting since 1996. ( Feb 2008)
8.NVC sent my case back to USCIS for review my application as per my request ( Mar 2008)
9.USCIS reaffirming approval decision and sent case to State Department for VISA processing ( Jan 2010)
10. Next ????? WHAT IS MEANING OF STEP 6.....HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE.........??
I think above info enough for judge my case
Please reply your ideas..
thanks to Concerned4us
-Bharat-2000

Once you married, the original petition for UNMARRIED child became void. It is being processed with the proper priority date.

AN LPR cannot petion for a married child. Had you married after your father became USC, the petiton would have changed classes but priority date would have been the original.

You should not receive any special consideration as there are milliions of people in similar situations. The length of your wait is not the concern of the USCIS. If you want to feel good, look at processing times for Filipino petitions.