Us/can Vs Pr/h1b..ppl Often Get Confused

mebobby

Registered Users (C)
GUYZ PLZ HELP??
do canadian landed immigrants working in USA on H1B required visa on thier passports??...i am canadian PR working in USA on H1b for a while...and usually at border on passport u only get entry stamp and i-94 card....rite now am in canada for a short visit...can some body pls tell me do i require a visa?? to go back...i mean i do have a valid H1b and 1-94 card on my passport(people often get confused with a h1b visa on passport and port of entry stamp with 1-94)..am not able to get proper answer tll now...before sept 11 if ur a canadian PR n got a approved h1b...then u just go to can/us border and they will put admit stamp n 94 card but not a visa..cuz that time it was not require...i would really appreciate if some one has answer..and also about AVR(dont know wats that).pls help...thanks

Wat about Auto Revdn Visa

hi is aumatic revalidation visa to be back in 30 days still exists????i chekd the site its still there though...am not sure about the border guys how they allow if i stay in canada for 2 days visit and go back to usa

>>>>hi is aumatic revalidation visa to be back in 30 days still exists????

I think it does exist, but it's been revised since 04/01/2002. New changes will not allow you to re-enter US if you applied for a new visa and were refused, or your country was one of the countries identified as supporting terrorism.

I am going to land on June 26th, and I am going to take advantage of this Automatic Visa Revalidation when I re-enter US. Just in case, I also have a visa appointment on 30th. (Thanks for the useful advice in this forum. )

I will post my experience after I come back.

My landing experience and AVR rule

Hi Folks,

The 30 day AVR worked for me! I landed yesterday (June 26) at 11:30 AM, and came back one hour later (after applying for SIN card). At the US border, two guys were checking on me, one was focused on my status, another was checking my car. I showed them my passport attached with my latest I-94, they didn't even ask me how long I had been to Canada, and what purpose of my visiting Canada! It took only two minutes for the whole process! Here are the questions and my answers:

Guy A: ID please.
(I handed over my passport, he looked through it in 10 seconds)
Guy A: Where are you going?
Me: New York, I work there.
Guy A: You work there? (I guess he didn't notice my H1B status on the I-94)
Me: Yes.
Guy B: Is this a rental car?
Me: No, this is my own car.
Guy B: OK, so do you have a driver's license with you?
Me: Yes. (found my license and handed over to him). Here you go.
Guy B: (took a quick look, and handed back to me) Thank you.
Guy A: (At the same time, handed back my passport) You're all set.
Me: Thanks a lot! (and drove away)

Well, this was my true experience, but please don't think the same thing would happen to everyone. You never know who you are going to face with when you enter to US, and what questions they will ask you, and what documents they'll ask you to present. So, my point is, be well prepared, and you won't be worried too much, and of course you won't be nervous. Like I mentioned before, I had a visa appointment on 30th, (just in case). And I cancelled it after I came back. It just cost me 10 CND.

Additional Info:
1. I drove my own car, and put it on my Goods to Follow list. Canadian Customs didn't force me to import the car.
2. I took my passport photo with me, and it was used.

US&Canada,
thank you for positing your AVR experience here. Please also tell us
Which US border post it was ?
what is you nationality ?

thanks

>>> thank you for positing your AVR experience here. Please also tell us Which US border post it was ?

Lansdowne

>>> what is you nationality ?

India

For US& CANADA

Hi.. Did U have any kind of Visa stamp on your Passport? Like a F-1 or an H-1 (Expired one)

I will also thinking of trying the same thing.. I am landing on the 1st and have a interview on the 3rd.

Good post.. thanks for the info.

Regards

>>> Hi.. Did U have any kind of Visa stamp on your Passport? Like a F-1 or an H-1 (Expired one)

Yes, I have an expired H-1 visa

>>> Where is Lansdowne? which city is it near to?

Thousand island.