US born kids

Did anybody recently applied for PIO card for their kids via mail?

What all documents we need to send to consulate. Please share your experience.

TIA

tufan said:
That's what i have heard. NJ people are stressed out. Sorry, but people don't like living in NJ. I guess you don't have a choice. NO OFFEENSE Please! I have read on this website only.

Hope you get what you want in life!

Personally, I also feel that life in NJ sucks big time. Long commute times, bad traffic, expensive (and lousy) apartments, very expensive housing and a governor who's not sure of his orientation.. :)

ricky0721 said:
Personally, I also feel that life in NJ sucks big time. Long commute times, bad traffic, expensive (and lousy) apartments, very expensive housing and a governor who's not sure of his orientation.. :)

Where not? Anyone wants to move to Alaska, Montana or North Dakota?

So, is the law already passed(we are in Aug 2004) in parliament?
I didn't hear of any news about that..

sam99 said:
Yes your right, it is not yet available. Indian Parliament will pass this law effective June 2004 and it will take some time to implement in all consulates abroad (probably around a year).

vascan said:
So, is the law already passed(we are in Aug 2004) in parliament?
I didn't hear of any news about that..

yes, the law is already passed by parliament. The only delay is in implementing it. Some how they are struggling to come up with implementation regulations.

now that we are discussing about dual citizenships, PIO cards etc.. I have a question. When can one apply for citizenship(US) for a minor child who gets derivative greencard? Anyone know anthing thing about this?

Please share...

dsatish said:
yes, the law is already passed by parliament. The only delay is in implementing it. Some how they are struggling to come up with implementation regulations.

It is the Act that has already been passed more than 6 months ago by the BJP Govt. After an act is passed, rules are formulated for which Parliament needs to be in session and politicians have some left from what ever they do to pass it.

Also, since, the Act was passed by BJP, it is not a high priority item for Congress to implement it.

Don't expect it soon!

Don't forget that we are talking about our Netas and Babus.
After the rules have been formulated, the notifications will be issued, Departments will have internal procedures etc.

Did anybody recently applied for PIO card for their kids via mail?

What all documents we need to send to consulate. Please share your experience.

TIA

We recently got the PIO for our 8 month old daughter from New York by mail. It took about 2 weeks overall. We sent the following documents:

Completed PIO application form (obtained from NY Consulate's website)
Baby's US passport (original) and photocopy
Babys's birth certificate (original)
4 passport photos of baby
Attested photocopies of mother's and father's Indian passports
Attested photocopies of mother's and father's Green Cards
Money Order for $155.00 + $15.00 (for Express mail)

The consulate returned the baby's original passport and the birth cetificate along with the PIO. The PIO is valid for 15 years.

For PIO Card

You don't have to send any original document not even passport.
Noterized copy will do. _Received my daughters PIO card yesterday-It looks like Indian passport with different color.

I have few questions on PIO card.

1. Do we need to send filled application form in duplicate ?
2. what i need to put in question 14 - 2nd column - proof of residence etc.

TIA