Urgent YOUR advise Needed

desidost333

Registered Users (C)
Hello Experts,

My father is in major medical care. So, I am the one need to take care of him. It is quite expensive and I can't effort even though I tried to bring him to US. But, I got a medical advise from senior doctors and Insurance companies better to continue treatment in India which are same kind of medications in US.

I have filed I-485 and I-140 in concurrent on April 2003. I got EAD, Travel Documents and I-140 approved two months ago. My H1B getting expires by end of this month (six years period over). I didn’t file for H1B seventh year extension.

If I go to India, I may need to stay there for a while. I am not in a position to decided without you guys help, I don't what to do?
Please give me best possible advises in regards? at < raokcb@hotmail.com >

Thanks for your time and help
Desidost

I guess I am not sure what you are seeking advise on?

Is it about cultural ethics as to, should you be here or do you have to go back to India to take care of your father, or is it about your travel to India with all the latest approved documents you have?

In my opinion check with your lawyer if there is anything that you need to do for extended absence.

I know for GC holders, if they want to leave the country for a period over 180 days then they need some kind of approval from INS for long absence. I'm not sure about the AOS / AP cases. Act according to your lawyer's advise.

Originally posted by neversay_never
I guess I am not sure what you are seeking advise on?

Is it about cultural ethics as to, should you be here or do you have to go back to India to take care of your father, or is it about your travel to India with all the latest approved documents you have?

Thanks for your reply.

I have to go back to India and need to take care my father for a while in India. So, I am wondering to get an advise on all aspects like you mentioned and I-485 continuity.

Originally posted by thukralrk
In my opinion check with your lawyer if there is anything that you need to do for extended absence.

I know for GC holders, if they want to leave the country for a period over 180 days then they need some kind of approval from INS for long absence. I'm not sure about the AOS / AP cases. Act according to your lawyer's advise.

Thanks thukralrk,

Originally posted by sachdev
What about your job ? Would your employer hold it for you for such a long time ?

thanks sachdev,

I spoke to my employer about my situation. He promised me to support in GC processing. I don’t know about my paystubs (do they really need at any point of time in rest of GC processes) and don’t know what kind of arrangements I should make for it otherwise there is no problem from my employer side.

Originally posted by desidost333
thanks sachdev,

I spoke to my employer about my situation. He promised me to support in GC processing. I don’t know about my paystubs (do they really need at any point of time in rest of GC processes) and don’t know what kind of arrangements I should make for it otherwise there is no problem from my employer side.

Please consult a competent attorney before you leave. This is a situation where both your father's health and your job are very impotant to you. Take a wise and safe decision.

Good Luck !