URGENT...Visa Stamping Chennai Consulate

kb_gc

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Please let me know if there are any issues during interview at Chennai with my profile.
IT experience is 2 yrs and non-IT masters degree with 2 courses in IT in Masters. Has certificates from training institutes. Employer is a consulting company in US.

Please advise.

Thanks

Any one please share your ideas. Currently getting trained in programming courses and is not employed since 2 years. Will not being employed at the time of the interview in chennai create a problem?

Thanks a ton

kb_gc said:
Any one please share your ideas. Currently getting trained in programming courses and is not employed since 2 years. Will not being employed at the time of the interview in chennai create a problem?

Thanks a ton
If you are not employed for the past 2 YEARS, then you are definitely not in H status.

You cannot get H visa stamping when you don't have H status -- I would suggest that you not risk this.
There is a very very high chance that your case would be rejected.

I am sorry if I am not clear. I was H4 status for the past 2 years. I did not work. I got a new H1 and with stamping at chennai scheduled. Will it be a problem at the interview for not being employed since 2 years to get H1 stamping?
This is H4 -> H1 case

kb_gc said:
I am sorry if I am not clear. I was H4 status for the past 2 years. I did not work. I got a new H1 and with stamping at chennai scheduled. Will it be a problem at the interview for not being employed since 2 years to get H1 stamping?
This is H4 -> H1 case

While you are in H4 yu should not work, if you would have worked during the peiod only creat a problem.

Since you are going to one of the world's meticulous US embassy in the globe , you can expect any thing unheard off before. You may be asked to answer technical question to know you skill set. If the counsel feels, your exp is very less for the job offered they may deny your visa.. Prepare for any worst eventuality, you will not regret it.