• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Urgent Urgent Pls! Would smiling picture be disqualified?

CymruArgie

Registered Users (C)
I have a smiling picture of my daughter and she is away now so I cannot take another. The validator says it is valid, but I am not sure if the smiling or non smiling part is actually checked.

If the validator says it is valid, would my entry be disqualified at a later stage, i.e. if I win will my entry be disqualified at the interview because of the smiling picture?

I will appreciate a response as it is the last hours to send. Thanks a lot.

JC

Well, it does say "neutral, non-smiling expression". That picture, as lovely as she is, does have her smiling, quite effusively.

If you can't get another photo, go for it anyway. Who knows, they might be in a forgiving mood.

They won't disqualify her because of that, they may give you and RFE or something like that, asking you to send another picture. I wouldn't worry too much about it. The picture validator only checks for the picture size (600 x 600 pixels) and the file size (less than 250 KB), but that is it !!!

I think it will be fine. Further down the line, if you win, then you have to send in more photos, with stricter guidelines, and they will be the ones that are more important. So at that time you can make sure they are exactly right.

You should be disqualified for the low IQ!

Come on Dryheat, no need for comments like that. If the person is unsure s/he has every right to ask. What may appear trivial to you may not be the same for others that's what makes this forum so accessible.

Last edited by a moderator: