Urgent: Travelling on H1-B status before stamping (485 just approved)

namartlu

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

I just received my I485 approval notice, I am supposed to do the passport stamping. However, I am leaving for a trip to Taiwan shortly, and it is likely that I won't be able to do the passport stamping before my trip. So, is it safe to travel on my H1-B status and do the stamping after coming back from the trip?

My lawyer said it's not a very good idea...

BR
- namartlu

namartlu said:
So, is it safe to travel on my H1-B status and do the stamping after coming back from the trip? My lawyer said it's not a very good idea...

Your attorney is correct. Your H-1B status terminated when your AOS was approved.

namartlu said:
Hi all,

I just received my I485 approval notice, I am supposed to do the passport stamping. However, I am leaving for a trip to Taiwan shortly, and it is likely that I won't be able to do the passport stamping before my trip. So, is it safe to travel on my H1-B status and do the stamping after coming back from the trip?

My lawyer said it's not a very good idea...

BR
- namartlu

You cannot use H1 visa anymore. Even if you use it (concealing the fact to POE officer that you are a perm resident), that will cause more trouble in future (though H1 is a dual intend visa, but it's still non-immigrant visa). It's better to get stamped before you leave country.