Urgent travel question

I140helppls

Registered Users (C)
Guys
I am stuck in a weird situation. First thank god that my I485 got approved today. Just got the emails. Now i have tickets booked to go to India tomorrow. I was travelling on Advance Parole. What should I do now ? I think it will be some time before i get the physical card ? Is there any way i can make this trip ? what status should i travel on ? OR do i delay this trip ?

Postpone!!

I140helppls said:
Guys
I am stuck in a weird situation. First thank god that my I485 got approved today. Just got the emails. Now i have tickets booked to go to India tomorrow. I was travelling on Advance Parole. What should I do now ? I think it will be some time before i get the physical card ? Is there any way i can make this trip ? what status should i travel on ? OR do i delay this trip ?
Congratulations on your approval.
In my opinion, it is better to postpone your trip by about 15 days. Technically you are okay till you receive approval notice..but to be on the safer side, it is better to postpone it I guess. If you FP is current, you should get cards in about 2 weeks. Even if you do not receive cards in time, you can get your passpport stamped after getting approval notice and go ahead with your journey.
All the best to you,

I140helppls said:
This is a very important business trip and very difficult to postpone :( ... is there a big risk if i go.
Other best solution is to go ahead, but ask someone to mail the GC to you. B'coz AP is not valid anymore and it may create problem at the POE.

notgettinggc said:
It is ok to travel on Advance Parole. Many of my friends have done that and you won't face any issues.
The question here is whether your AP is valid or invalid. I am not sure if it becomes invalid from the date approval notice was mailed or received. I would not take any risk at this moment. You may want to talk to your attorney bofore leaving.
Good luck to you,

Lots of people travel on AP, but there GC were not approved at that time. For you it will be the only safer way to postpone the trip. Once you left the US, and next minute your GC approved then its OK, you can come back on AP. But in your cases GC is already approved, means your AP is GONE,. You need a GC or stamping on your passport to come back. By leaving US you don't need anything, its matter when you enter