Urgent Travel Question..! GreenCard Last name is Passports Middle Name..

StressTestInUSA

Registered Users (C)
Hi Folks..

Dont bash me for posting on this category..!! I could not find a travel category exclusively so I came to my favorite thread for which I hanged for many many years..

My problem is as follows

GreenCard lastname is Middlename in Indian Passport and am travelling to India for the first time on GreenCard

At Port of Entry (JFK) are both the passport and GC matched for this sequence

Paranoid with the travel..

this is not a case of Maiden name and Married name change to Last name

I am sure many of us have this mess of firstname,middle name and lastname

Waiting desperately for a response..

my lastname,firstname middlename sequence is fine as per GC and Passport

this issue is for the kids,
while filing I485 rush in June\July 2007, I gave my last name and middle name in kids application as well. it got mixed up here

is there another category I could look for in this website..?
I could anything related to travel and such issues here..

Hi..

the GC's came in 2008 Aug for the whole family.
Whatever info we fill in the 485 is taken for the GC's

I have called up the POE and found out that its okay to have a different lastname in the PP and GC, as long as the GC is not expired.

I came to know a couple of friends who have a totally different sequence of names in GC and passport and had no issues travelling.

good luck to all friends in the 485 stage to come out of it soon..!!

One of my previous mentor a while ago had similar problem. When he applied for GC. All his family members' last name were printed as first name and first name as last name. Therefore, they ended up having different last names for all his family memobers (he, his wife, his son and his daughter). He corrected them when he applied for citizenship. Please do not ask me further details. I do not have his contact info.

Good luck.

SRK.

Hi all,

just in case for any one running into my kind of situtation...

I had no issues at port of entry(JFK) with different last names in GC and passport.
The officer just took fingerprints,swiped the passport and looked at the GC.