Urgent: Travel on AP - Trasit Visa Mess

csch1wait

My Wife is going to come in on this Monday Feb-16th.
Please let me know about your Husband's Travel Experience.
Any Questions or any info. they asked regarding AP, please let me know.
Can you please confirm whether there were any issues regarding Tranist Visa?

Sorry for bothering you,

I just want to be careful with these travel Plans, she is going to trave with our 2 year Son, any problems in the Airport is nothing short of a big Head Ache.

Thanks a Ton.

bayou_desi,
I came back using AP.
I carried all the Documents with me, Including Bank Statements,
Recent PayStubs, 485 Receipt, EAD and AP.
They only Looked at my A.P, Initially I gave them only One Copy, They asked for all the copies (3). They Took back One Copy, and Returned Back 2 copies and One of them has a stamp. Next Time I have to carry the Rest of the two copies.

Have a Safe and problem free trip.

I asked my husband. On Frankfurt airport, they checked for his US visa, but since he did not have a valid stamp, he showed them his advance parole document which clearly states that is allows the person to enter US. They wer ok with that. I guess all they want to make sure is you can enter US legally.

About entering US on AP, I entered on AP in December (I also have valid visa stamp). I just told the officer that I will be entering on AP and gave him my passport and all three copies of AP. He took me to another officer, where I was asked to wait, while the other office looked at my passport and AP. After 5-10 minutes he called me and returned me my passport and two copies of AP - one of them was stamped and my i-94 was stamped. (On i-94 there is question about visa, I had left it blank). The office retained one copy.

Same situation for my husband except that he got all three copies of his AP back. I guess it depends on the office whether to keep a copy or not.

I hope this helps. Good luck to your wife. I don't think she will have problems related to Visa or AP, but if she is travelling alone with your 2 year old, I think she should worry about that more than this whole transit visa and AP mess.

Just curious, is your wife travelling alone with your 2 year old and did you buy a seat for your son. I will be picking up my daughter from India in March.

csch1wait

Thanks for your Info.

My Wife will be Traveling with My Son alone. I know it’s a big hassle traveling alone with a Baby, but no Option!!

My Son Traveled to India (Round-Trip Ticket) before turning 2, so I bought him an Infant Ticket (25% of the Original Price), So he did not get a Seat, but if the Airline is not full, you can request for a Seat where there is an empty seat next to it.

Believe me Traveling with a 2 year Old alone is a big Thing, I am sure my wife will have a long list of complaints about her travel.

Good Luck.