Urgent - Transit visa for B1/B2

Priya_Suri

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My mom is going for Visitor visa in chennai this week. Could anyone please let me know if she needs a transit visa to come to U.S via Europe?. If so, also let me know how to get the Transit visa in India and also what documents to produce and stuff. Please reply me asap, its very urgent.

Thanks,
Priya

Depends on where in europe your mother transits.
I know that France & Italy do not require a transit visa for Indain nationals with a valid US visa in their passport. Germany processes a trasit visa at transit itself so nothing needs to be done prior to the trip.

The safest way is probably to fly delta, airfrance or airItalia. And it is best to check with the respective country's embassy before travelling, to be abolutely sure.

hope this helps.

AFAIK most European countries don't require a transit visa if the traveller is transiting from/to US and has a valid US visa.

Thanks for your response. I believe you dont need a transit visa for London and Paris if you have a valid U.S Visa. But, I called German Embassy and they said she would need a transit visa and that visa will be issued in Frankfurt(Germany) itself.

Thanks,
Priya

Priya_Suri said:
Thanks for your response. I believe you dont need a transit visa for London and Paris if you have a valid U.S Visa. But, I called German Embassy and they said she would need a transit visa and that visa will be issued in Frankfurt(Germany) itself.

Thanks,
Priya

When contacted that is what the German Embassy told me too. However in reality they do not do anything at Frankfurt. I with some others transited through Frankfurt 10 days ago and no transit visa and nothing.

There were Green Card holders and B1 visa holders in my group.

Raju