URGENT - TMotion To Reopen I-485 Denied.

longGC

Registered Users (C)
1. Has anyone done MTR - Motio To Reopen after receiving I-485 denial?

2. How long does it take to rectify?

3. Was it successful and easy fix?

4. How much did the attorney charged?

Your URGENT help is needed.

Hi We are sorry to hear about your case
You may want to contact Mona Gupta , she is in Dallas and good lawyer, she understands problems and gives immediate respone
you may want contact her office and send her an e-mail, web site is immigrationteam.com
I hope she will be helpful to you,
Good Luck and eveything will be fine

This is just a suggestion, to help you

I heard from a freind that one of his collegue filed a case in the court and the court ordered to give him the GC.

longGC, What is the reason for denial? Change of jobs, illegal status???

I got laif off and the company revoked i-140. They say BCIS revoked it automatically.

I was very very close to getting GC. Now I do not have any other employment. Thought of completeing my masters full time as I was already enrolled and taking classes.

One Lawyer told me that I need to have a similar job in order to file MTR.Can I MTR be done without having a job?

If you are laid off after 180 days, you can file an MTR on the basis of the 180 days rule. Check with a good lawyer. Ofcourse, your case will be stronger if you have a current job.
Do you still have an H1? Get a job first and u can take Masters later.

Hey longGC,

Look at this article in murthy.com immediately ...

http://www.murthy.com/UD140rev.html

According to this, "We recently were able to obtain the approval of an I-485 that had been incorrectly denied by the INS due to a revocation of the underlying I-140 petition by the sponsoring employer. We agreed to help with processing this case after several other attorneys had advised the client that there was no way to obtain an approval when the employer had revoked the underlying I-140 petition while the I-485 is pending. They apparently had advised that the entire green card process would have to begin all over again."

I am not sure if Ms. Murthy is expensive or not. But as she has done this once, may be she can do it again for you.

All the best man ... just hang tight, this issue will end well for you.

sorry to hear about your case, but from a logical point of view, your lawyer's advice makes absolute sense......filing an MTR for a 485 case without having a job defeats the purpose of a 485 which is an employment based green card. hence you need employment.

I find it hard to believe that INS automatically revokes i-140 unless your company specifically informed them about your job loss. No use crying over spilt milk but in this situation you could have tried to keep your ex-employer in your pocket after your job loss by any means necessary. I think the best option would be to remain in school, get your masters and then apply for h1 through practical training card, I don't know if that is still possible since you've already shown an interest in immigration so getting an h1 may be tough, you need to discuss all these options with an attorney.

I have exhausted my H years in Jan 2003. I am not sure changing to F status will mess up if I look for job while in school and then swith over and do MTR. But I heard that MTR needs to be done within 30 days. Already 12 days passed and lawyer told this to me yesterday.

My former company did send a letter to BCIS that I was no longer employed by them but I am not sure they asked them to revoke I-140.
I need your help you fellow coutry men.

U may contact Sheela Murthy

I am sorry to hear about your case.

As someone pointed out before, there is a very good possibility for you to get the green card. You may contact sheela Murthy for her advice or Mr. Khanna first and decide whether you want to go with that or not.

I-485 EB case is based on the future employment. It makes more sense if you get an employment with same and similar job as noted in LC. You are all set. Studying may not a very good option till you get ur approval. Hang tight man.