Urgent - they asked me for additional evidence!

EspressoJoy

Registered Users (C)
OK, I almost got a heart attack this morning. Did anyone get this e-mail notice:

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust
Status

Current Status:

On August 4, 2005, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information
in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed. If
you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 14 days have passed and
you have not received the notice, please call the National Customer Service Center
at (800) 375-5283.

EspressoJoy said:
OK, I almost got a heart attack this morning. Did anyone get this e-mail notice:

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust
Status

Current Status:

On August 4, 2005, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information
in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed. If
you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 14 days have passed and
you have not received the notice, please call the National Customer Service Center
at (800) 375-5283.

be calm....u are one step closer to GC, normally they will approve your RFE 2-3 weeks after you mail it

But how do you guys know? DId anyone else get an RFE right before GC? I sent them everything back in April...what else could they possibly be asking for?
Sorry, I am so stressed out.

I know what they are asking for...

Espressojoy,
I know exactly what they are asking from you in your RFE. Yesterday, you revealed you gender and age on this forum and USCIS spy caught on to that. Now they are requesting your photo. :D ;) Send them a good one....
I think I/O working on your case is another Desperado :p

PM,

I agree. And he will also ask you for a phone number. Who knows maybe this is also another 'macho' culture.:)

EspressoJoy said:

Status

Current Status:

at (800) 375-5283.

EOJ, have you ever travelled outside USA on an RTD?

Yes, twice I travelled on RTD. Do you think that is what it is? Is this common? Can someone please tell me if he/she received the same request?

P.S. Thanks for trying to cheer me up with jokes but guys I am really stressed, please let me know about the topic, thank you...and when I said desperados yesterday, I meant all of us. Don't know about you but all this is making me completely desperate.

EspressoJoy said:
Yes, twice I travelled on RTD. Do you think that is what it is? Is this common? Can someone please tell me if he/she received the same request?

P.S. Thanks for trying to cheer me up with jokes but guys I am really stressed, please let me know about the topic, thank you...and when I said desperados yesterday, I meant all of us. Don't know about you but all this is making me completely desperate.

I think that probably that is what they want to know in DETAIL. Since you submitted the RFE previously, this could be the only explanation. Where, Why, When?? Please do let us know when you receive the notice.

EspressoJoy said:

Espresso, Just chill. My sister who had an approval last year also got an RFE and I helped her prepare it. She had inconstencies in her DOB so they asked her to show proof of DOB. Also a new picture was asked with a DL copy.

After we sent the RFE, she got approved in 2 weeks.

I know lots of other members in the past have been asked for waiver(I-602?) that they entered illegally In the U.S. Some were asked to show that they were in the country for the entire year after the grant of the asylum(a requirement)...which can be done by showing an appartment lease or calling your utility company and asking them to send you a history.

So just calm down..dont worry! This is good news so dont look at it negatively! A RFE means your case has been reveiwed by an officer and its in the final stages. Once you satisfy them, you will be approved in few weeks.

And also remember that when you sent your RFI in april, it wasn't looked by an officer. Maybe the medical exam wasn't signed. RFE is good news...

Just relax young lady!

Last edited by a moderator:
And to Cheer you up..here is a joke about an "Old Lady"

An older lady gets pulled over for speeding...

Older Woman: Is there a problem, Officer?

Officer: Ma'am, you were speeding.

Older Woman: Oh, I see.

Officer: Can I see your license please?

Older Woman: I'd give it to you but I don't have one.

Officer: Don't have one?

Older Woman: Lost it, 4 years ago for drunk driving.

Officer: I see...Can I see your vehicle registration papers please.

Older Woman: I can't do that.

Officer: Why not?

Older Woman: I stole this car.

Officer: Stole it?

Older Woman: Yes, and I killed and hacked up the owner.

Officer: You what?

Older Woman: His body parts are in plastic bags in the trunk if you
want to see.

The Officer looks at the woman and slowly backs away to his car and
calls for back up. Within minutes 5 police cars circle the car. A
senior
officer slowly approaches the car, clasping his half drawn gun.
Officer 2: Ma'am, could you step out of your vehicle please! The
woman steps out of her vehicle.
Older woman: Is there a problem sir?

Officer 2: One of my officers told me that you have stolen this car
and murdered the owner.

Older Woman: Murdered the owner?

Officer 2: Yes, could you please open the trunk of your car, please.

The woman opens the trunk, revealing nothing but an empty trunk.

Officer 2: Is this your car, ma'am?

Older Woman: Yes, here are the registration papers. The officer is
quite stunned.

Officer 2: One of my officers claims that you do not have a driving
license.

The woman digs into her handbag and pulls out a clutch purse and hands
it to the officer.

The officer examines the license. He looks quite puzzled.

Officer 2: Thank you ma'am, one of my officers told me you didn't
have a license, that you stole this car, and that you murdered and
hacked up the owner.

Older Woman: Bet the liar told you I was speeding, too. MORAL:
Don't Mess With Little Old Ladies

EspressoJoy said:

Didin't u submit the copies with initial application? Or u traveled after the submission?

Thanks so much Wantmygcnow, I appreciate it. I hope you are right...I hate being this dramatic, but getting through this week before getting that letter will be tough. :(

Aayubov, no, I did not submit RTD copies with my original application or when they asked for RFI, why would I? Besides, I don't have them - I sent RTDs back to them whenever I renewed them.

Relax and chill.

Many applicants (certainly more than 50%) get this request.

Just wait for the mail and then tell us what they want. I am sure it is nothing major. Your approval should be around the corner

EspressoJoy said:

Status

Current Status:

at (800) 375-5283.

Gilbert you are back! So good to "hear your voice". Really? Over 50%? That really helps, I thought only few unlucky bastards get it. Thanks man, you just gave this weekend a chance of being somewhat nice.

EspressoJoy said:
Gilbert you are back! So good to "hear your voice". Really? Over 50%? That really helps, I thought only few unlucky bastards get it. Thanks man, you just gave this weekend a chance of being somewhat nice.

Getting bored at home and deciding to check out this site. seeing the same old names. :D :D

Hi Gilbert,
there are some new names like me. from my reading of the old posting, i saw that you were very valuble contributor. well come back

I also got RFI before GC

I received the folowing message afew days ago
Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust
Status

Current Status:

On August 2, 2005, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information
at (800) 375-5283.

Today I received the real RFI from USCIS. All they want is for me to "Submit evidence that you have been physically present in the US for atleast one year, in aggregate, following the date you were admitted to the US as a refugee" I am an asylee though.

Question for you all: I have my bank statements for the period between when I was granted Asylum (AD 10/99) to the time of my application (RD:11/00) which is one year later. Will bank statements showing all transactions surfice? do I have to have them certified "true copy of the original"? Must I provide utility bills instead....Please advise

Utility bills, a copy of your lease and cancelled check rental payments work the best.

bonemaister said:
I received the folowing message afew days ago
Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust
Status

Current Status:

On August 2, 2005, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information
at (800) 375-5283.

Today I received the real RFI from USCIS. All they want is for me to "Submit evidence that you have been physically present in the US for atleast one year, in aggregate, following the date you were admitted to the US as a refugee" I am an asylee though.

Question for you all: I have my bank statements for the period between when I was granted Asylum (AD 10/99) to the time of my application (RD:11/00) which is one year later. Will bank statements showing all transactions surfice? do I have to have them certified "true copy of the original"? Must I provide utility bills instead....Please advise

Welcome back, Gilbert! So surprised and happy to see your postings again. I miss you because you are not only knowledgeable but also very nice to fellow forum members. Hope you'll stay.