Urgent.. Spouse application returned!!!

div

Registered Users (C)
My friend\'s I485 application has been returned from INS giving no clear reason except that a visa number is not available or she has not sent information regarding husband status. This seems a standard note and probably not specific to her application. Her husband is the Primary applicant But she sent I485 receipt copies of her husband whose PD is current. They did not apply together. she sent her application later.

Could the following be the reason?
The lawyer insists that she should file category \'A\' below but she had filed category \'b\'.What is category the spouse of the primary applicant fills in I485 application? Is it a or b below.

a) an immigration petition giving me an immediately available immigrant
   visa number has been approved(attach a copy of the approval notice), or a relative,special immigrant juvenile,or special immigrant military visa petition filed with this application will give me an immediately available visa number if approved.

b)My spouse or parent applied for adjustment of status or was granted lawful permanent residence in an immigrant visa category which allows derivative status for spouses and children.

Anbody has any clue what is going on here? Thanks for your reply.

No Title

I just sent our our I-485s to VSC a couple of days ago. My wife selected "b", as my dependent I believe the choice for her should be "b". Hope I am right on this.