urgent situation!!!!! lucyMo

upchucks

Registered Users (C)
i have applied for a waiver based on no objection and the process is taking forever. the letter will be sent from my embessy within the next two weeks. but i am planning to change my status to a F1 visa and schools starts in january. can i quit my job as soon as i get the DOS recommendation or do i have to wait for the final homeland security decision. I know that i'll have to be in "status" in order to get the waiver. will i be considered out of status if i leave my job after the DOS favorable approval. please help me

it's a sticky situation. If you apply for a change of status now, it will take a couple of months at least to get F-1 status approved. You can in theory apply for a change of status after you get a favorable recommendation. But you may not make it in time for a new semester. You may consider going outside the US to get an F-1 visa instead of changing your status in the US.

the international advisor at the school told me that i do not need the F1 status to start school. he says that as long as the change of process application is being processed then i can start school and still be in status.