Urgent......RFE Question ( Birth certificate )

Tamizhan

Registered Users (C)
Hello friends

My RFE is asking for original birth certificate as it was registered. First here are the details of how I got my original birth certificate.

Step.1. My birth was not registered since the birth happened at home. So first my brother received a \'Non availability of Birth records\' document from Local municipality in Tamilnadu.

Step.2. Based on this document ( since my lawyers insisted on original birth certificate rather than affidavits ), my parents got a sworn affidavit attested by Judicial Magistrate, confirming my birth based on the oath sworn by my parents.

Step.3. Based on the affidavits got in Step.2., we applied for the actual birth certificate and we got the same.

Now the original birth certificate says.. " This is to certify that the following information has been taken from the original record of birth, which is the register for Local Area ( ) , of so.. and so Taluk and State of Tamil Nadu." This stuff is standard printed stuff. So based on these words, INS is asking for original birth certificate as it was registered when I was born.

Now the question : How can I respond to this RFE ?
Can I just the original copies of the non-availability certificate and the original affidavits of my parents and explain the whole scenario ? or I should go some other route?

Please help me friends with your thoughts/experiences.

Thanks a lot.

Tamizhan

Tamizhan...

Were you born before or after April 1970? According to the Registrar of Births & Deaths Act, it was made mandatory for Hospitals to record date of birth effective April 1970.

Born after 1970

But, as I have stated clearly, the birth didn\'t happen in a hospital( but in a home ). So the birth was not registered at that time.

Thanks

Tamizhan