urgent: RFE on job letter and laid off before 180 days

waitingGC2002

Registered Users (C)
I apologize for posting this message in multiple places - I\'ve posted it on I-485 issues at Vermont center as well.
-------------------------------

Hi Please give me some advice on this issue (besides hiring a competent lawyer. :p)

I was laid off two months after I-485 was filed. And now I received a RFE from INS Vermont Center stating:

"Submit an original letter on company letterhead from your prospective
employer who filed Form I-140/I-360 on your behalf stating their continued interest in hiring you, duties to be performed, and remuneration"

Since I was laid off, the lawyer from previous company told me explicitly that they will not provide this letter. How should I respond to this RFE ? Will the employment letter from my new employer work? Thanks a lot.

Regarding Consular Processing Time

My I-140 is approved on January 14th.I had opted for Consular Processing.It\'s almost 80 days is over. I haven\'t got any response from National Visa Centre.
Is it abnormal time.
Please respond if anyone has any idea ?

Any one have this experience in LC?

I heard about cases of LC denial (or request for further proof), and the applicants said that their higher degrees (master\'s and above)
confused the DOL examiner, and lead them to believe that they need Levle II salary instead of Level I. As far as I know, Level II is
usually way higher than Level I and most people cannot get to that level with the next two years.
My question is, is it true that education/degrees will be a reason for denial? Some people believe only the job title/responsibilities
defines Level I or II, a person\'s overqualification doesn\'t do anything with it. Can anyone provide me with some comments?