Urgent: Rfe On I-485

javapoet55

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

May 16th, I got a RFE on my I-485. USCIS sent this request directly to my lawyer. I called my lawyer couple of times and left a voice message and they did not respond due to filing new applications.

I called USCIS yesterday to send that RFE to my home address so that I know what is that for. USCIS officer told me that he can fax a copy of that RFE to me but he cannot send another copy to my adddress but he said that he can send another copy of the same to my lawyer once again.

I received the fax and the RFE is for submitting my latest EAD approval and my latest I-94 copies. I really wonder why USCIS is asking this since they have records to verify the same. This RFE is signed by one of USCIS Directors.

My question is: CAN I SEND THE RFE RESPONSE DIRECTLY TO THE USCIS? WILL THEY ACCEPT THAT?

SINCE MY LAWER IS BUSY IN OTHER ACTIVITIES I DON'T WANT TO WAIT FOR HIM TO ANSWER AND IT MIGHT DELAY MY ADJUDICATION.

Please share your experience and knowledge about handling this.

Your comments are highly appreciated.

I give my details below:

PD: Oct 2001 (EB3 - INDIA)
I-485 Filed - Dec 2003.
Name check cleared on March 2007. (FBI took 3 years 3 months to clear)
Did the latest finger print on April 2007.
Got RFE on May 16th.

Hi All,

May 16th, I got a RFE on my I-485. USCIS sent this request directly to my lawyer. I called my lawyer couple of times and left a voice message and they did not respond due to filing new applications.

I called USCIS yesterday to send that RFE to my home address so that I know what is that for. USCIS officer told me that he can fax a copy of that RFE to me but he cannot send another copy to my adddress but he said that he can send another copy of the same to my lawyer once again.

I received the fax and the RFE is for submitting my latest EAD approval and my latest I-94 copies. I really wonder why USCIS is asking this since they have records to verify the same. This RFE is signed by one of USCIS Directors.

My question is: CAN I SEND THE RFE RESPONSE DIRECTLY TO THE USCIS? WILL THEY ACCEPT THAT?

SINCE MY LAWER IS BUSY IN OTHER ACTIVITIES I DON'T WANT TO WAIT FOR HIM TO ANSWER AND IT MIGHT DELAY MY ADJUDICATION.

Please share your experience and knowledge about handling this.

Your comments are highly appreciated.

I give my details below:

PD: Oct 2001 (EB3 - INDIA)
I-485 Filed - Dec 2003.
Name check cleared on March 2007. (FBI took 3 years 3 months to clear)
Did the latest finger print on April 2007.
Got RFE on May 16th.

It is better and safe to let your lawyer do the response for the RFE.

By the way, what the hell is the lawyer doing without attending one of his clients? Is he your lawyer? I mean, did you choose the lawyer yourself or is he your Company sponsored lawyer? Either way, he should be able to take care of this situation ASAP.

Good luck
howdy_howdy
//

I would say....this is the most easiest RFE's....during I485 stage....
one of the checks is....
was your stay in US legal from the point of last entry into US (before I485 filing)?...hence, they check your I94's and EAD for it....to verify your legal status....for the past years...

I would say - take a 1 week vacation and go/sit on top of your lawyer to get this done....This should be fairly straightforward....

Or get your lawyer replaced...with a G28 form...

javapoet55: Your wife is the beneficiary. Did she get any change in status recently? Any LUD? When did you last inquiry about her case?

You guys are right... My company appointed this lawyer and they are in CA. I live in FL. Otherwise as you mentioned I will go straight to their office to get the response. They are working hard to make more money by filing new applications... Bottomline, we are waiting for long time. I have been waiting on this since Oct 2001.

My wife did not get any RFE... Only on my I-485.

Hope my case will be cleared once they receive this RFE...

Javapoet
Expect to be approved very soon.
All these docs are asked for at the fag end of process.
You can send the docs yourself.
Explain the matter on a letter , enclose color photocopies of docs and
attach the RFE fax and send those in.
You may also want to call your service center and speak to someone.
My case has exact same time lines as yours.

Hey javapoet55, I am also on the same boat dude... waiting... waiting... for a long time... I am silent watcher of this forum and this forum is my lawyer, my helper... What can we do.... my lawyer also the same kind.... he will always says come thru your employer... we have to live with it.... Until we get our GC.....