Urgent. Request to return my GC back

samman

Registered Users (C)
After going through the painful process for the past 6 years I have finally received my GC 5 months ago. Then last week I have received a notice from UCCIS requesting me to return my GC (Form I-551) back because my “resident since” date is incorrect. I have checked the date on my GC and it was dated one year back (7/2004) from the approval date (7/2005) which I assume is the correct date. In the note they mention that they will send me a new card within 3 weeks after receiving my old one. I have called them and they said that they have been sending this notice to many people lately without giving any explanation why. Did any body receive this notice as well and if so Does any body have any info on that matter?

Thanks

samman said:
After going through the painful process for the past 6 years I have finally received my GC 5 months ago. Then last week I have received a notice from UCCIS requesting me to return my GC (Form I-551) back because my “resident since” date is incorrect. I have checked the date on my GC and it was dated one year back (7/2004) from the approval date (7/2005) which I assume is the correct date. In the note they mention that they will send me a new card within 3 weeks after receiving my old one. I have called them and they said that they have been sending this notice to many people lately without giving any explanation why. Did any body receive this notice as well and if so Does any body have any info on that matter?

Thanks

Per my old colleagues, a number of attorneys have reported this issue to senior USCIS managers in DC. Let us see how they are going to respond.

thankful said:
Per my old colleagues, a number of attorneys have reported this issue to senior USCIS managers in DC. Let us see how they are going to respond.

Thank's for the update. I will hold off till i hear from other people who received the same notice