Urgent Request :H1-B Stamping in Chennai

Sumanitha

Registered Users (C)
Hi

Can anyone who had in this week stamped H1 share me what are the documents they asked for the stamping.

I am presently at US and have an appointment on Sept, 8th and I need to take the important documents and if anyone can help me on this regard, I would sincerely appreciate it.

Thanks

There are many stories to share. But you may be lucky to get it without any hassles.

Make sure: They might ask Tax returns and campare with the pay which is on your H1.
-->Some times I heard they even wanted pictures of your office where you work

This are stories I heard but never personally interacted with this people

Good luck!

Hi,

I had taken a web appointment for 4th august for Us consulate in Delhi for 9:15 am.I reached there at 9:00 am.I had to wait in queue for 20 min utes to pay the visa fees,The person on cash counter attached the 795 (H1 approval)to the passport and collected the DS 156 . Then I waited for my name to be called in for about 10 minutes.Then I went in and had to show the web appointment letter and pay Rs 400 to TT services.They asked me to stand in the priority line and within 2 min ,I was interviewed .

Questions asked: Since how long,I was working for the company for which I needed the h1 stamped?
Where is my husband working?
How many children I have ?Is the US born a US citizen?

By 10:15,I was out of the US embassy and I got my pasport via TT services courier within next 4 days.It was a very smooth and cool experience for me.
Anyway,Take the following docs:

Valid passport, valid for at least 6 months into the future;
2. Original I-797 Approval Notice (H-1B approval notice);
3. Copy of H-1B filing (provided to you with the approval notice);
4. All nonimmigrant documents to show maintenance of NIV status: (e.g.
I-20's, EAD, prior H-1B approval notices);
5. Pay Stubs (Original & 1 copy) for the last three months;
6. Employment Confirmation Letter;
7. 2 passport size photographs;
8. Original Educational Documents (diplomas & transcripts); and
9. Visa Fees (check with the consulate).
10. Forms DS-156 and DS-157 (visa application forms available through the
consulate or online at http://travel.state.gov/visaforms.html)

I hope you too have good luck.

Hi Sumanitha
It would be great if you can post your h1 stamping experience at chennai after you get your visa. ex. documents asked and any visa questions asked. It would be helpful since there are not many visa stamping experience at chennai posted after the july 16 rule of appearing for the interview rule.
Thanks and good luck to you.

H1 stamping in chennai

Sumanitha

me n my fiance has the same situation(changed status from F1 to H1) ... need H1 stamping in chennai in Dec 1 st week.

When exactly we need to book the appointment..? list of the required documents...

and also pls post u r h1 stamping exp in chennai

Thanks in adv
Pran

shikhadutt,
Are you processing your GC? When you went for your appt on 4th August what did you answer for "has an immigrant visa been filed on your behalf" on DS 156 form? Yes or no?

Can u plese let me know at the earliest?

Thanks.

hi shikhadutt

You said you got visa without any problems,could you please tell what was your status meaning H4,H1,F1 etc..
My wife is planning to go to India for her H1 visa stamp from H4.
Any info be appreciated.

Thanks.

Got My Visa

Hi all,

I Went for Visa Stamping in Chennai as scheduled on 8th September 2003. The first thing they wanted is the proof that I worked for 2002 and 2001. As soon as I showed the W2 of those years and the corresponding tax returns, they didnt ask any further questions.

So if you are planning to go to Chennai for Visa stamping make sure you are not out of work at any time, because they verify this very strictly.

My sincere suggestion would be not to take risk to go to India, if you were out of job for more than 3 months and if your w2 income is less than the LCA income. Please take extra care on this or otherwise you will be rejected. My officer told that if I cannot produce the documents, I would have been rejected.

So take care and all the best.