Urgent Question

hgc

Registered Users (C)
Urgent Question abt EAD

Guys,

My lawyer applied for my ead on 17th Dec. My current ead expires on Mar'25, 2005. Can I efile my ead as well? I know its filing two ead application. Do you guys see any complications? I will efile tonight.

Please let me know.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
E-filing does not speed up your application in anyway. It is just another way INS receives your application. Why do you want to file 2 EAD applications ? Other than donating $175 to INS, you get nothing out of it. If your EAD application is not approved in 90 days, 91st day you can goto local INS office and get temporary EAD card.

the point here is not speeding up. When I file through mail, it can take upto six weeks before i get the receipt date, so technically if file ead through mail, i may get rd for ead anywhere until jan'05. but that puts me in a soup since my current ead is expiring in mar 25'2005. So i will not have three months rule for me. but if i efile ead, i will get the receipt number right away and on mar 21st 2005, i can go ahead and request for interim ead if my ead is not approved.

so can i efile if i already have already filed paper ead?

Hmmmmmm.... Your lawyer should not send your application through the regular mail. I always send things prioity registered mail. My application went out next day and 2 days after that my application was received in the USCIS system. I got my receipts in the mail 3 weeks later but so what. Even if you get receipts 6 week later it does not matter. Your receipt date by USCIS is not affected just because you get your receipts 6 weeks later. If you need receipt numbers early you can look at the back of your cancelled checks. I did this online through my bank and had my receipt numbers in 1 week. Way before I got the receipt numbers in the mail. There is no reason what so ever to file two EAD applications. It is a total waste of your time and money. If your lawyer sent it priority mail the USCIS already has your application and you will have more then enough time in if you need to apply for interim EAD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed. Just because you might receive your receipt # in 6 weeks does not mean that your case will not be touched. Case processing starts as soon as INS receives yoru application and it is tracked through ND/RD. As grungy also pointed out, there is not advantage whatsoever in e-filing EAD. On second note, you could also ask ur lawyer to efile if they are willing.
I will repeat grunggy words "There is no reason what so ever to file two EAD applications. It is a total waste of your time and money. If your lawyer sent it priority mail the USCIS already has your application and you will have more then enough time in if you need to apply for interim EAD."

keep in mind that having two EAD applications might confuse INS. You are fine with just 1 EAD application.