Urgent Question - What does the following text mean? Thanks!!!

10dulkar

Registered Users (C)
I recently replied to my I-140 RFE and the following notice shows up when I check my online status:

Current Status: We mailed you a decision.
On July 11, 2007, we mailed you a decision on your I140, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER. Please follow the instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, please contact customer service.

Does it mean that the I-140 has been rejected? Would it not have said that 'we have mailed you an approval notice'?

I am really tensed and would appreciate a quick response.

Also, if someone could throw in a line or two about what my options are - i would be very grateful....

thanks a ton!!!

the status is not clear as to whether you received RFE. How do you know you received one. Did you contact your lawyer or your employer and findout whether they recd anything. First check with them.

Sid140 - thanks for the prompt reply...i guess my lawyer will hear from them in a day or two...meanwhile i am very tensed which is why i was trying to figure out if the the way it has been written means that it is a definite rejection, or could it be an RFE or approval...couple of questions:

1. could they send 2 RFEs? i already got an RFE and i responded to that...i was under the impression that they send an RFE only once and then it is either approved or rejected.

2. If it was approved, would the message not have been 'we have sent an approval notice'?...

...i am just nervous and trying to prepare myself if indeed it is rejected...

thanks!

Uscis status messages are system generated. This could be another RFE. From what I have read on this forum it usually says approved when it is approved.

Uscis status messages are system generated. This could be another RFE. From what I have read on this forum it usually says approved when it is approved.

thanks san2007!

is there anyone here, whose I-140 got approved, but the online message read something similar to mine?

thanks again for looking!

well - my I-140 got denied...i guess i can file an appeal? What else can I do? I recently received extension on my H1B and it is valid till the end of Aug '08 - can i file a new labor?

thanks for all the help guys...

You should appeal and as a backup also file new Labor in perm. You can renew your H1B based on your appeal. Appeals usually takes 13 months to 2 yrs to come to a decsion. Iam in the same situation.

I have a question for you guys, hopefully someone will be able to help me out.
I have filed for GC in the EB3 category.
My labor is approved via PERM. My I-140 was filed in Feb 2006, in April 2006 there was a RFE requesting for the company tax document that the lawyer forgot to mail with the original application for I-140. The reply to the RFE was received by USCIS on April 06.
Since then there was no LUD or futher progress on my case. In Oct 2006 my employer filed for a service request to find out whats going on with the I-140.
The status online changed to "Case processing resumed".
Yesterday I get a automated reply from USCIS that
"We mailed you a decision" on June 16 2006.

When I call the number to find out the case status it says that my case is denied. My Lawyer nor my employer got any document from USCIS since the RFE in April 2006.

What are my options now ? I dont know the reason for the denial. Can I refile my I-140?

Your suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Hey guys

Have a question regarding my situation. Since my I140 got denied at NSC, can i withdraw and file a fresh I140 at TSC? Is there any advantage of doing so, or should i just file an appeal at NSC? What would be the downside of filing a fresh I140 at TSC?

Thanks

thanks for your response!

why do you think that MTR is a better option, if i could re-file in TSC? If TSC declines my application, then i could always file an MTR with TSC right?

Okay here is my take: you cannot withdraw a denied (or approved) petition, neither you can re-file. Please check with your lawyer about these.

Okay here is my take: you cannot withdraw a denied (or approved) petition, neither you can re-file. Please check with your lawyer about these.

can anyone confirm this? my lawyer has confirmed that they can refile in TSC...but honestly i trust this board more than i trust my lawyer...

so please - would appreciate some comments from the experts here...

thanks!