• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Urgent question regarding aos

gkds52

Registered Users (C)
hELLO GUYS
2 days ago we had our AOS interview. our I 485 file was in front of the officer, both mine and my husbands. at the end of the interview, officer told us that there seems to be another file in somewhere, and shee needs to request and see it.... She asked me if we had filed anything else and we said no. really we didnt file anything else. on this journey, we files first to KCC DSP 122 form and paid the fee and then filed to chicago for 485 and paid the fee.

Now as I go over these forums again and again, I have this question:
1. Does our file that the officer had include the KCC + chicago files? or just the chicago files. If that is the case, then do you guys think that the "other" file that the officer was talking about might be the one we sent to KCC, that's just to inform them about our AOS. I always though they are all gathered together.

If that "mysterious" file is the Form 122 that we sent to KCC, then how long do you guys think it might take to transfer it to my local office? I just want to learn /get an idea of how long we need to wait before we receive our green cards.

What weird is: that "file" was once at my local office and then sent back.... At the interview, officer said that she is requesting it at the moment. But she was kindof unwilling to share any further details about it.

We'll have an infopass on monday.

Another question is for my EAD card I got an text and email notifiation of updates saying that it has been approved and then mailed etc..... Do you guys get notifications for the green card approval or any other updates on the "green card" site?

Thanks a lot!

gkds52a