Urgent question, Please respond

vsc485485

Registered Users (C)
Guys,
I filed 485 on AUG, 16, 1999. I am using EAD to work for new employer.

Is that possible for me to apply an H1B now through new employer?
Do I have to go out off country to do so? Or this can be done right here in US?
Since that My 485 is pending status now,,, does this new H1 application have any negative side effect to my pending 485 case?

Thanks!

No Title

I am not sure why you need another H1. You can change jobs as long as you are working in same job category or insdusrty and doing simillar kind of job you can change job anytime you want during 485. This is splled out clearly in law. So I am don\'t know why you want to go for another H1 and if you wana travel can also apply for multiple AP as well.

Hope this help.

No Title

Thanks for reply.
The reason for me to get an H1B is that I changed employer and want toplay it safe.
I talked to the immigration people at new company and she is telling that I may have to go out of country to get an H1B visa.
The worsed thing is that I already got an RFE to ask for letter from I140 sponsered company and pay stubs.

Thanks!

No Title

I can understand why you want to get back to H1. You probably won\'t have to leave the country to get an approved H1B petition (I129) but you might have to go out to get a H1B visa stamp. Still consult with an immigration lawyer, for your specific case.

Can you also tell us if you have replied to the RFE and what was your response to the RFE? thanks.

No Title

Thanks for input!

I responded RFE with
1. a letter from sponsered company (which is software firm) to state that they are interested in hiring me back with a salary
    number is whole lot less than I am making now.
2. pay stub from current company. (there is no time to get pay stub from old company).

I do not know what will happen next.
Do you guys heard any one who did an H1B visa in US with a situation similar to mine and succeed?
Thanks!