URGENT - question on SENT PPT

Abdul Raquib

Registered Users (C)
Folks,
My case has been updated to "SENT PPT" after administrative processing, I have dropped the passport on Monday (11th Dec'06), Could you please tell me how long does it normally take to recieve the passport with visa stamped, its the 4th day now, I have checked the status on VFS website, it says "Your passport has not been handed over to VFS. Kindly contact our regional call centres for further queries.".

It also stated to contact VFS only after 7 working days, I would like to know if I will recieve with in 7 working days.

Has any one faced the similar delay in Passport Visa issuance after the drop box? If so, How long did it take.

My wife and son are alone in USA, I have been repeatedly postponing the air tickets.

Please advice

4-5 working days

ususally you will be getting in 4-5 working days.

Update once you have received the passport

No, I haven't got the passport back yet, this is the 5th working day since I dropped the passport, today, I have called the VFS, they are unable to give any status, they told the 7 working day period is only for the people who attended the interview.

I am thinking the consulate might be overloaded with work due the holidays approaching , and may be next week some thing should work out.

I would definetely appreciate others feed back on this, I would like to know how much time its takes for the passports that have been dropped due to "SENT PPT" status.

Actually for my friend it took around 2 weeks for getting his ppt back. I think it would take the same time... Please update me if u have got your visa stamped...Even I have got a pink 221(g).

I have contacted the consulate, they told it would take 10 working days for processing drop box cases, if it exceed beyond 10 working days, they asked to email with my passport number, yesterday , it was the 11th working day when I sent a seperate email, they again responded saying that : due to heavy appointment it will take minimum 3 weeks, now this is getting funny, intially they told 2 weeks and now they say min 3 weeks, so far no respononse, I am worried.

hey Abdul,

Just keep us posted once you get ur ppt and other updates too..'cos i think i told you...even i got pink 221(g) on dec 12th and my status is still pending...

thanks in advance...

Regards
-E-

Query

Hi Abdul,

Whatz the status on ur visa now ?? Have u got that? please keep us posted as there are quite a lot guyz waiting for their admin processing
Thanks
Mohamed

Guys, sorry for responding late, actually, I was upset with what happened, after repeatedly the US Consulate, they told that I was given a wrong case number, meaning, my case is still in process, so now, I kind stopped tracking.
I would like to know two things

1) typically how long does this name check take ( I have gone through the FBI website - http://www.fbi.gov/congress/congress03/hardy102303.htm) , typically, FBI aims to process with in 120 Days, are there any cases for whom it took more than 120 Days?

2) Due wrong case number stutus, I submitted my passport to US Consulate,
, now, I want to have it back, I am afraid if they will misplace it too , is it okay to do so, please advice.

Hey Abdul,

Thanks a lot for the info( the fbi website). It was very useful. Now I can fix my mind for a 120 days time frame... :)...

I need to wait till then for my visa.... :(

Thx
-E

Actually, one of my cousin who works in Merchant navy had a name check process , initially, it took 31/2 months for DOS and they confirmed the clearance finished, but then his name is so common and he had many visa's in his passport due the nature of the job, the consulte did one more security check which took 2months, so to be optimistic, for IT pros I am expecting some result with in 31/2 - 4months of time. Lets see