URGENT - Question on Medicals for 485

dallas_boy

Registered Users (C)
If the Civil Surgeon issuing the medical forms, checks the line - due to religious and moral reason - as the reason for not getting MMR (vaccinations) done, will it reflect anything bad while 485 gets processed ?

Will this definitely attract a RFE in the 485 stage ?

Is there anybody who did this before ?

thanks
Boy

Point is we are planning on a baby and my wife taking MMR now will result in holding off on this, for the next 4-6 months (as advised by the doctor). So doc said he can check the line which says - moral and religious reasons - for not taking MMR

And hence my question.

Was anyone in this situation before ?

dallas_boy,

What is your I-485 RD? I know 2 of my friends who didn't take MMR and TB check on the medicals. But of course, they got an RFE before getting approved.

Re MMR

Hi, The public health policies regarding vaccines in the U.S are written in stone and if the INS officer in your case decides to get sticky he can do so and delay your case. Since you have already made the first visit with a INS approved Medical officer, I would reccomend that you get a private Obstetrics/Gynecology M.D to evaluate your wife and gice you a letter stating that the MMR would be harmful if she were to get pregnant, as the MMR vaccine is a live vaccine. I would keep this on hold in case INS sends you a RFE.
Hope this helps.

dallas_boy,

My wife had a similar issue in that she didn't want the MMR in case she became pregnant. The doctor doing the medicals wouldn't sign the form until my wife got a letter explaining this from her family practitioner. He then included this letter with the medical report. Our I-485s were recently approved without any RFE. Perhaps this would be a safer route for you to persue.

Ask the Doctor to add a statement to the medicals that your wife did not get any shots due to pregnancy.

A friend of mine was in the same situation and they never received any RFE for his wife's medicals. But that was a few years back. Worst case scenario you will get a RFE later and your wife will need to have the shots done before you get your GC.

That is going to be simple inconvenience in the future, the most important thing right now for you is to have a healthy pregnancy.

Good luck!