Urgent question on change of address

gc_fast_gc_fast

Registered Users (C)
I had two applications pending at NSC - 485 and EAD.
Apparently both the applications had a different address on them.
I called NSC for change of address. I told them I need to update address on two applications. They asked me details about my 485 application, old and new address. I told them the old address which was on 485 application. Then they asked me just the LIN no for the EAD application.

In a couple of days the Status on my 485 application changed. For my EAD application the status did not change although the LUD did change. Yesterday I did receive a letter from USCIS stating that my address has been updated on my 485 application. I did not receive such a letter for my EAD. Did my EAD address not change because I have a different old address on that application ?

What should I do now, call them again and ask for change of address on EAD? Does change of address delay the processing times (even if it does looks like I don’t have a choice)

Any response would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Can someone please answer my questions? I have a new job offer and want to switch using my EAD, if the EAD gets delayed I might lose the oppurtunity.

gc_fast_gc_fast said:
I called NSC for change of address. I told them I need to update address on two applications. They asked me details about my 485 application, old and new address. I told them the old address which was on 485 application. Then they asked me just the LIN no for the EAD application.

In a couple of days the Status on my 485 application changed. For my EAD application the status did not change although the LUD did change. Yesterday I did receive a letter from USCIS stating that my address has been updated on my 485 application. I did not receive such a letter for my EAD. Did my EAD address not change because I have a different old address on that application ?

What should I do now, call them again and ask for change of address on EAD? Does change of address delay the processing times (even if it does looks like I don’t have a choice)

Thanks
If they change address on EAD you should get confirmation. I would wait for few more days and then call 800 # to verify the address.

gc_fast_gc_fast said:

Thanks

I would call them again and verify whether your EAD application has the right address.
Maybe it's a good idea also to make arrangements with the post office at your old address to get your mail forwarded to your new address.

Gpng_dl said:
I would call them again and verify whether your EAD application has the right address.
Maybe it's a good idea also to make arrangements with the post office at your old address to get your mail forwarded to your new address.
mails from USCIS dont get forwarded as they have "return service requested"

mails do NOT get forwarded, they go BACK to USCIS, and then USCIS can decise to REMAIL them, after that they may go to your new address, by remailing and not forwarding.
i received my I-140 approval this way

Thanks Everyone. Last week I called the 800 no and put in another change of address request for my EAD. Since then the LUD has changed on my EAD app but I did not recieve a formal change of address letter like the one I got for my EAD.

This monday the status on my EAD directly changed to Approved. One thing I did notice is that along with the LUD on my EAD, the LUD for my 485 app kept on changing too. Is that normal?

I checked with the Post office and they confirmed that mails from USCIS which say "return service requested" are not forwarded and will be sent back. And the local post office here can not do anyting as the mails get filtered out even before they can get their hands on it.

Now I am just praying that they send it to the correct new address. Will let you guys know.

Thanks.

I recieved my EAD at the correct new address, I also got the change of address confirmation along with the EAD.
Calling them again and submitting a change of address again irrespective fo whether they had already updated the address or not, did help.

Thanks Everyone. Now I am going to look in the AC21 forums to plan my job switch.