Urgent question, need advice pls

vmanish

Registered Users (C)
I have interview scheduled for 24th July. I have worked in Malaysia for 10 months only and Packet 4 clearly shows that PCC is needed from the country where you have lived 12 OR MORE months. Since my stay was only 10 months in Malaysia, would they still ask for PCC from Malaysia? Although I have applied for it on june 6th, but will not get before interview as it takes 3 months to get it.

Please advice.

thanks

vmn

I have interview scheduled for 24th July. I have worked in Malaysia for 10 months only and Packet 4 clearly shows that PCC is needed from the country where you have lived 12 OR MORE months. Since my stay was only 10 months in Malaysia, would they still ask for PCC from Malaysia? Although I have applied for it on june 6th, but will not get before interview as it takes 3 months to get it.

Please advice.

thanks

vmn

Vm,
There is no need to panic.If its only more than one year than its a required document.Other wise its only a optional and good to have.

In the worst case if they ask for it you can always say that you lived there less than 10 months but applied for it and waiting for there repsonse.(Keep the recepit with you if u have any)

As long as it meets there requirement they will no say NO.

I am in the similar situation, mine was 11mths in one country and 9 mths in another other than US, but I used to travel back and forth. What my attorney suggested is mention that you were travelling back and forth and keep count of exact days you were in foreign country. This might help present your case better.

Good Luck.

-DR.

Reciprocity schedule

Here is the DOS link

http://travel.state.gov/visa/reciprocity/Country Folder/M/Malaysia.htm

POLICE RECORD
Available. Both Malaysians and non-Malaysians who have resided in Malaysia for a period of more than one year may apply for a Malaysian certificate of good conduct.

Applicants residing in Malaysia should submit their applications to:

Since your stay was less than a year dont fret this stuff! You shd be good. BOL

H

Please advice.

thanks

vmn

Thanks Hanuman, DR and RM

Thanks for all the important info you have provided and it was very helpful. I think I will be fine w/o PCC from Malaysia as my stay was only for 10 months.

Dalranger, I know your interview is close to mine, so did you try to arrange PCC for for these less than 1 years stay or you are leaving it to God like me :) .

thanks

-vmn