Urgent question for AP application mailing address

peaceinheart

Registered Users (C)
I need to go back China to visit my parents early Feb next year while my I-485 status is still pending. I downloaded I-131 form but found the mailing address is different from the previous one with which I ever sent for my 1st AP. The previous one is the same mailing address as for my I-485 in california service center. But now some notices on the USCIS website indicate that I need to send my AP application form to this address (I'm living in Arizona)

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
P.O. Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

Anybody, whose case is in california service center and has applied AP recently, pls give me some help to clarify whether the above address is the correct one. If not, pls post the correct mailing address for AP application in California service center. Your help will be truely appreciated. Thanks a lot again.

My case status: PD: Dec. 2001, I-485 RD: Dec. 2002
Current Status: Security Check, Cleared, waiting for approval.

I sent my AP petition recently (October 2005) to this address:

USBCIS California Service Center
P.O. Box 10485 (ATTENTION: I-131)
Laguna Niguel, CA 92607-1048

Because my I-485 is pending at CSC since June 2005, and form says that I need to send to the same SC where my I-485 is pending. However, this is my first AP aplication. I got the receipt and now waiting for approval.

good luck

Dec 9, 2005

U.S. Department of Homeland Security
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
California Service Center
P.O. Box 10131
Laguna Niguel, CA 92607

RE: Application for Advance Parole Travel document for XXX - I-485 Pending (Adjustment of Status)

Dear Sir/Madam:

Attached please find:

• Check in the amount of $170 for the filing fee;
• Form I-131 with two photographs;
• Part 7 supplemental information;
• Copy of I-485 filing receipt notice;
• Copy of I-140 approval notice;
• Copy of I-94 arrival/departure card;
• Copy of last approved Advance Parole document;
• Copy of driver’s license;
• Copy of passport’s biographic page;

Please approve the above mentioned application. Thank you in advance for your kind attention and cooperation in this matter.

Truly yours,

XXXXXX

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Sir/Madam:

My I-485 application for adjustment of status is pending with USCIS per application. (I have been previously issued Advance Parole per application, which expires on X/X/2006.)

I am planning to travel for a week to China to visit my elderly parents during Feb, 2006 and again later in 2006. Please approve my application for Advance Parole for multiple trips.

If you have any questions or need additional information concerning the above, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you in advance for your kind attention and cooperation in this matter.

Truly yours,

XXXXXX

Thanks a lot for your information.

Hi, Kesab and 2FBWaiter,
I do appreciate your great and timely information for my 2nd AP application. I perhaps will follow 2FPWaiter's address info. to send out my application ASAP. Anyway, thank your very much again and good luck to all of us here.

I just now received my AP approval in mail.

Not to offend 2ndFPwriter. ..I could not find this PO Box 10131, therefore I sent the petition to PO Box 10485 (Attention I-131), as per suggestion of Customer Service.

Sorry for asking 2FPwaiter again

Hi, 2FPwaiter,
Sorry for bothering you again. I double checked the P.O.Box for all application forms in CSC, but I didn't find the P.O.Box for I-131 form. Could you pls tell me where you got the P.O.Box 10131? Thanks a lot. This is a little urgent. Next week I'll be out of town for whole week. So, I'm trying to send it out ASAP today or tomorrow.

hi kesab,
Thanks to you too for ur kind and quick reminding. I posted the same question to FP2waiter wondering where he/she got that info. Anyway, I do appreciate u guys' warmhearted help. Thanks again.

This address worked for me in 2003 and 2004.
I just mailed my new AP application to this address a few days ago.
I'll only know if it still works when I receive the notice from USCIS.
I got this address by searching this website.

If it worked in 2003 and 2004, it should work now also. Surprisingly this web page http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/california/aboutus.htm
lists all the addresses but I-131. When I asked the customer service about that , she could not answer and connected me to Immigration Officer, and he was also confused about the address. So finally told me to send it to General PO Box or I485, but do write Attention I-131. However, to mail the receipt notice it took them about 12 days.