Urgent!!! Probably I-140 approved for CP and applied I-485 may delay approval by 6 months

jai jagdeesh hare

Registered Users (C)
Talked to my lawyer today and he mentioned that NVC is sending I-140 approvals to respective consulates as soon as they recieve the same from the INS. Normally the NVC is supposed to send information to lawyer for further CP processing formalities but before they do that they send the I-140 to India and that may delay the I-485 process for 4 to 6 months. In some cases they are not sending to India and hence those cases are getting approved sooner. Lawyer who represents my case is going to check on my case every two weeks to make sure that INS is sending request to get back the I-140 approval back ASAP. Guys I would suggest all those guys who are in similar situation to talk to your lawyer and push them to talk to INS
so that they can approve our cases sooner.

Otherwise we never know what is going to happen. In the mean time if the dates are not current then god knows what INS is going to do with our cases.

God bless all of us. I hope everyone will do there best from your side to talk to lawyer so that IIO take it more seriously.

Guys keep posting to this discussion and let us all know about your cases..

No Title

It is not true.
I applied I-140 myself. I did a misake, of not writing in the applicatin that I will be adjucating in US. I left it blank, with information about the consulate in Madras. It resulted as a CP case, and the NVC send me information, that they will be sending the packet to the counslate. Upon the receipt of such information, I wrote them a letter asking them to withold my application, as I am submitting my 485 to Vermont. They held my application, until INS requested my I-140 from them. It so happen I checked with NVC a month back, they told me INS requested for my application in April, and they forwarded my application to INS.
I double checked with INS, and they said they have my application with them.
But my AVM, says the case not found.

The reason for them to send information to the counsulate, is if you do not respond to NVC mail within three weeks.

No Title

Yes, I talked to NVC. You got to do a trick, go through the automated message, and enter a wrong NVC number. It will hook you up to a rep, tell her your concern. Then go from there.

My experience

Hi Guys:
I was in the same boat. I applied for I-140 on my own. My case was approved in Nov 2000. I hired a lawyer at that point and decided to file I-485.

I filed my 485 in first week of Jan 2001. However, the same week I received CP package and a letter from NVC stating that my papers were sent to Mumbai consulate. I did not do anything with it at all.

I got AP, EAD, FP notice all on time. I was following all the discussions regarding this issue. Based on the postings I guessed that since my case was sent to CP it would take couple of more months than the avg time for my 485 approval. I check the message few times during first six months and the message was "this case can not be found".

However I was very lucky as our 485 (me & my wife) was approved on Sep 27, 2001. Most of the Nov & Dec cases were not approved and my case got approved. I don\'t know how but I think it was pure luck.

So, now I am not so sure about the theory that it takes longer for CP cases for 485 approval.

Here are my details.
INDIA, EB1
I-485 RD: 01/10/01
      ND: 01/18/01
      FP: 05/11/01
Approval: 09/27/01
Stamping: 10/12/01

Good luck guys, hang in there.

How do you know the"3 weeks"?

I am just wondering how you got this figure. I am concerned with it because I sent a responsive letter to NVC after 22 days I received the letter.

JAI JAGDEESH IS RIGHT. CHECKED WITH NVC TODAY!!

RD-12/00 ND-12/00
Friends, I checked with NVC today and upon following the trick suggested by SamUsam, I got to speak to a representative. He confirmed that they had sent my 140 approval to the consulate in Chennai last September (when I received by 140 approval).

Thereupon, I called INS and enquired to see if they had my original 140. The IIO said that the case is still pending and who ever processes my case will request for the 140 from the consulate.

Oh god, the whole process is frustrating. Hope this info will help someone.

Is there anyway, to contact the consulate in Chennai to see if they have the case??

Good Luck