Urgent - Priority Date porting - Please Reply

netnerd

Registered Users (C)
Hi Friends,

Please read my details below and give your inputs.

I have my labor approved in RIR/EB3 with a priority date of March 2004 with my employer. I also have Perm-EB2 approved labor (different job title, requirements) with PD of Sept 2006 with same emlployer.

Questions:
1 - Can I file I-140 for both labors even though it is with same employer albeit for different jobs?
2 - Assuming I can file both labors and I receive approvals for both, can I port the earlier EB3 PD of March 2004 to my later EB2 PD of Sept 2006 (without it getting converted to EB3 also)? If so, at what stage do I need to request the port, when filling for I-140 itself or when filling for I-485?

Thanks in advance,

Netnerd

netnerd said:
Hi Friends,

Please read my details below and give your inputs.

I have my labor approved in RIR/EB3 with a priority date of March 2004 with my employer. I also have Perm-EB2 approved labor (different job title, requirements) with PD of Sept 2006 with same emlployer.

Questions:
1 - Can I file I-140 for both labors even though it is with same employer albeit for different jobs?

Yes.

2 - Assuming I can file both labors and I receive approvals for both, can I port the earlier EB3 PD of March 2004 to my later EB2 PD of Sept 2006 (without it getting converted to EB3 also)?

Yes.

If so, at what stage do I need to request the port, when filling for I-140 itself or when filling for I-485?

When filing for I-485

Thanks in advance,

Netnerd

You request at the time of I-140 filing

I am not sure if Desi had a typo or I misread. Basically I am trying to answer at what point do you port the PD. It is at the time of I-140 filing, where you supply an older approved I-140 approval.

Thanks

gc_retrogress said:
I am not sure if Desi had a typo or I misread. Basically I am trying to answer at what point do you port the PD. It is at the time of I-140 filing, where you supply an older approved I-140 approval.

Thanks

Hi gc_retrogress,

I am also in similar situation.I have my old EB3 I-140 approved with Jun'2002 priority date.I have already filed another EB2 I-140 with priority date June'2006 & waiting for approval.Can i request the priority date porting now? or i can only do that request while filing..If i can do that now, what's the procedure? & what documents do i need to send?.

Thanks