Urgent - Please respond

goodstart

Registered Users (C)
Ireland passport Holder.

GC holder is leaving US this week for a vacation and would return in two weeks , june 1st . Passport is expiring in one month after returning july 1st, 2006. Would there be any problem at the port of entry?

Generally you want to renew your passport 6 months before it expires. Some countries do not like people to use a passport that will expire soon. I would check with the country you are visiting.

dude just enjoy ur vacation,i dont see any reason why you should be bothered....
1 month is more than enough i had gone on a vacation to india last year and got back 2 weeks before passport expired...
At p.o.e they did not even bother to check the name on my passport forget them checking ur expiration date.

goodstart said:
Ireland passport Holder.

GC holder is leaving US this week for a vacation and would return in two weeks , june 1st . Passport is expiring in one month after returning july 1st, 2006. Would there be any problem at the port of entry?

Technically you don't even need a passport to enter the USA if you are in possession of a valid Green Card. If your passport will expire a month after you get back, don't worry about it! Just apply for a renewal when you return home.