Urgent, Please Help!!!

gcsa

Registered Users (C)
Hello,
Me and my wife are having I485 interview at BCIS Detroit local office on June'10.
For some emergency reason we have to travel to India on June'13. We bought the tickets also for June'13.
My question is: If suppose we are not approved on the same day itself during the interview then can we get Advance parole from the local office on the same day itself. Or what are the other possible ways to get emergency travel document so that there won't be any problem while reentering USA.
Currently I am on H1B and don't have Advance Parole.

Please advice.

--- If you have H1 Visa stamp in your passport and maintain H1 status and has NOT used EAD then you can enter on H1 status if used EAD you need AP before you leave and enter US before the AP expiry date, your wife also should have H4 or valid AP to enter US. If I am in your position I will attend the Interview, take all your past I-94, EAD, Tax papers, W-2, Employer letter or what they mentioned on Interview letter, if you postpone your Interview it will delay the process

make sure its really taking risk

hi!

I dont want to discourage but make sure its worth taking pain

-Rama

gcsa,

If I am in ur position I will not postphone ur 485 interview.Even if the 485 is approved I think stamping in ur passport may take some more time.

Regarding the AP i think if U can produce a document for the emergency reason then AP may be done same day.I repeat MAY BE DONE SAME DAY.document could be doctors' letter etc.

Hope it helps !!