Urgent--Please Help

Kanna_2001

Registered Users (C)
I have MI State License and it Got expired on 01/02/2003. I'm staying presently in AL and went for renewal.

They rejected issuing license saying My EAD which is valid till Jul'03 which is valid for 6 months and they can not issue.

Please tell me what are my options. ..
Can I hire any Lawer for this? Pls advice!

That's strange .. When they started looking for EAD/H1 expiration .. SSN should be good enough for getting licence . I am sorry to hear that one need to consult lawyer for getting licence ..

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a similar problem in NH

I had the same problem in NH. In NH they issue license till the visa expiry date. It’s not after sept 11 (they have been following this from long time) I had EAD valid for 45 days and they initially refused to issue me a license (mine was a transfer from MD). Then I requested them to allow me to talk their higher authority and got the temp license. They issued me a regular license with photo ID only after EAD renewal. Try to talk to higher authority. Also in NH, the local MVA issue license only for US citizens. All perm residents and non-immigrants have to go to their main office. Try not to loose patience and explain them what EAD and ask for license till EAD expiry. You can always renew it later.. Hope this helps.

IDL

One possible temporary solution is International drivers licence -- try a search on google.com for more details.

Even though this thread is related to non-immigration. This is a really important issue now facing by the desi's. Thanks for the post kanna............