Urgent, please help

I got layoff yesterday. I am a single mom.
My RD 03/28/2002
ND 04/12/2002
1st FP 05/16/02, 2nd FP 12/06/03
I am looking for a simillar job as soon as possible now. I have not heard anything from BCIS. I have not received any RFE yet. And my online status are still the same as the original one. Anyway, nothing changes at all. However, from this forum, I might get RFE any time soon.
Questions:
1. Can I claim unemployment benifit right now?
2. What can I do, if I receive RFE during a few weeks, I still have not gotten a job?
3. If I received RFE, how long can I reply to RFE at the time I still have not gotten a job?

Hi 031104

What is your skill set? i can check with my company and find out if there are any opening currently they are hiring.

m2002

thank you m2002

i am living in chicago, i don't want to move to other states. i am an accountant. i am in this field about 7+ yrs.
thank you very much for your kind help.

Hi;

I will look at our intranet for an accountant around Chicago, If I find anything, then I will send you a private message

Good Luck

RFE and no job

Hello:
What I think (and I could be wrong) the RFE response you need to submit within 87 days. As long as you can get a similar job within the response time and get a letter from your new employer describing the job, responsibilities and salary you should be fine.

I am not sure whether you can request for an extension of the RFE response time, but other knowledgeable forum members can
speak to that.

You may also not receive an employment based RFE.

Take care
starbucks
RD 12/11/01

Filing for unemployement benefits at this time is not at all a good idea when you are expecting I-485 approval. Anytime INS goes through your records even after you get your GC, they can revoke your GC legally.

Coming to the RFE, don't panic. Just keep looking for jobs. Even if you get RFE tomorrow, you will have enough time (around 2 months) to respond. Hope that you don't get RFE in the next month or two. That would give close to 3 to 4 months time to get a job and respond to RFE. Good luck.

Re: 031104

Originally posted by gcard2002
Filing for unemployement benefits at this time is not at all a good idea when you are expecting I-485 approval. Anytime INS goes through your records even after you get your GC, they can revoke your GC legally.

It is perfectly legal to claim UI when you have an EAD. Even if USCIS found out about this, they would have no grounds to revoke the GC.

Questions for TheRealCanadian

first of all, thank you all of you to reply my questions. and thank you, TheRealCanadian too.
i read an article which wrote by ginnu a few months ago in this forum regarding unemployment compensation and public charge definition. i copied here once more time to clean up some kind of confusion that i have here.
"Since unemployment compensation payments are derived in part from payroll deduction, they appear to fall within this earned benefits exception. Thus it appears that accepting unemployment compenasation should not be considered evidence that an applicant for adjustment of status is a public charge.
Of course if both spouses (I am a single mother) are unemployed at the time of adjustment of status, they may not have sufficient assets to indicate that they will not be public charges. Still" A heathly person in the prime of life cannot ordinarily be considered likely to become a public charge,...."
Question:
I am the only person in the family to make money. but i was layoff. i don't know how to explain above policy. Can you give me a clear explanation? Thank you !

03-11-04

Just live life as if there is no tomorrow. There are lot of things u can do other than worring.

Find a good lawyer. He will take care of your case. RFE u just need a letter promissing u a job. U need not be emplyed at the time of GC approval. Lawyer will help u in all the Unemployment benifits all other....

Re: Questions for TheRealCanadian

Originally posted by 031104
I am the only person in the family to make money. but i was layoff. i don't know how to explain above policy. Can you give me a clear explanation? Thank you !

If you're petitioning for an employment-based Green Card, then you can safely ignore the above statement. If you have no job at the time of I-485, you get no Green Card even if you had a billion dollars in the bank. Get a new job.

If you're family-based, then your situation is a little different, but not much. You need to prove sufficient income and/or assets to prove you won't be a public charge.

It's clear that UI doesn't fall under the public charge definition, so you can collect it if you are eligible, but your main focus should be on getting a new job. Unemployment itself, not the collection of UI, is what will kill your GC - so take the UI money while you can for you and your kids' sake and get a new job.