Urgent,please help me

wishmeluck456

Registered Users (C)
My wife hit a car in front of a grocery store 7 years ago.
She didn't know that she should leave her insurance card on the car. Because she didn't do any damages to the car either.
But someone saw it and called 911...

At the court, the cheating judge told her if she plead gilty, the record will be cleared after 3 years. So she plead gilty(hit and run). 3 years later when we went to the court ask to clear the record, the court told us that the record can't be cleared.

Now, when we're preparing the AOS package, we don't know what we should fill on I485 form part 3 question 1b(Have you ever,in or outside the U.S., b. been arrested, cited,charded,indicted,fined or imprisoned for breaking or violating any law or ordiance,excluding traffic violations).

Our attorney said "I do not feel comfortable that I am enough of an expert for her criminal issues".

What should i do now? Will it prevent my wife from getting greencard?

Please help me, i would really appreciate any kind of help.

Thank you in advance!

wishmeluck456:

* Frankly speaking this should not affect your wife's green card since this a traffic offense. But at the same time you should consult a lawyer to get this off her record since it has been more than 3 years since the event occurred. Getting this off her record means reducing your auto insurance.

* Also post this question in 485 thread instead of cp thread.

* Also tonight post your question on murthy.com Chat between 9-10pm EST.

Originally posted by kd1403
Frankly speaking this should not affect your wife's green card since this a traffic offense.

Actually kd, hit and run is more serious than a minor traffic offense. This may indeed have an impact - you should definitely consult with an immigration attorney (as kd1403 also advised).