URGENT : Please Help Me, Iam in a desparate situation

Immi12345

Registered Users (C)
URGENT : Please Help Me, Iam in a desparate situation!!

Iam in 7th year H1 , will be expiring in mid Sep 2007, and applied I-140 & 485 concurrently on Aug 07,2007. Still waiting for I-140 receipt notice. My employer is saying if we receive receipt notice of I-140 then only they can apply for my 8th year H1 extension, is it true ?

Q1. My labor is filled 365 days before and approved, can't they apply H1 extension on that 365 days basis ?

Q2. Will I be out of status if we don't apply for H1 extension before exiration date and still did't receive I-140 receipt notice ? (being filed 485 AOS)

Q3. Can we apply H1 extension with FedEx receipt of concurrently filed I-140&485 ?

Q. Do I have to leave the country ? any advices/solutions please.

Your advices will be greately appreciated.

Immi12345,
I think in such a critical situation it would be a good idea to cont Mr. Khanna's office and try to make your employer have a word with Mr. Khanna or someone who could suggest some ideas.

Best of luck!!!!

URGENT : Please Help Me, Iam in a desparate situation!!

Iam in 7th year H1 , will be expiring in mid Sep 2007, and applied I-140 & 485 concurrently on Aug 07,2007. Still waiting for I-140 receipt notice. My employer is saying if we receive receipt notice of I-140 then only they can apply for my 8th year H1 extension, is it true ?

Q1. My labor is filled 365 days before and approved, can't they apply H1 extension on that 365 days basis ?

Q2. Will I be out of status if we don't apply for H1 extension before exiration date and still did't receive I-140 receipt notice ? (being filed 485 AOS)

Q3. Can we apply H1 extension with FedEx receipt of concurrently filed I-140&485 ?

Q. Do I have to leave the country ? any advices/solutions please.

Your advices will be greately appreciated.

How did u get ur 7th year extension? At that time u didn't file for 140 or 485 but still applied for 7th yr extension and got it approved. For 8th year also its the same.. just apply the extension at least 2 days before it expires and u will be fine.

FYI , I am on my 9th h1 extention now

URGENT : Please Help Me, Iam in a desparate situation!!?

That should be enough for you to get your 8th year extension.

Will I be out of status if we don't apply for H1 extension before exiration date and still did't receive I-140 receipt notice ? (being filed 485 AOS)

You should apply well in advance.

You don't need 140 or 485 receipt to file an extension. Your labor approval should be enough. Only if you have approved 140 and visa numbers are unavailable for your priority dates, you will get 3 year extension using your 140 approval.

Q. Do I have to leave the country ? any advices/solutions please. Your advices will be greately appreciated

You need not leave the country. My sincere advice is to file your H1 extension at least in the last week of August. Try filing it in premium. Don't go for regular as it takes around 3 months for approval. Avoid the situation where 140 is denied and you are waiting for H1 approval. So file your H1 extension ASAP.

Contact your lawyer and take his/her advice.