URGENT, PLEASE HELP - Interview on Dec 18th

cpDec

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys

Our company is currently in Chap 11 and may file ad may file chapter 7(dont know the date) , I have interview on dec 18th, I have employment letters + every documents. I am in India now, and company may lay off in and arround 20th. What to do at this stage? Shall I go ahead and do my CP. I do not have any other choice. Please help.

cpDec

Go ahead and do it

Talk to your company ..tell them to hold off the layt off for a week more .. ask them not to pay u also ..if it matters.

you re so close ..don t give up now .

We ll all pray for you.

Just do it. Don\'t Worry. Your layoff is after the Interview. You got the Employment Letter.

No Title

Talk to your company. Make sure that after your CP you fly to the US right away and work for your company at least for one day. They can lay you off after that and you will be alright. Good luck!

Don\'t loose heart

Go ahead and get everything done for you. If possible, talk to your company and ask them to hold off for a week or so.

All your hard work will never go a waste !!!

Don\'t worry man..take it easy. Attend the interview, get your papers and come back succcessfully. GOD WILL BE WITH YOU.Don\'t give up. Everything will be okay.

Good luck

updates with the things happening at company - Need help /suggestions

Guys

thanks a lot for all the encouraging postings. I really thank you for that. Meanwhile update is that they may do layoffs in next week before dec 18th itself. I have requested my manager and director to hold off by a week or so. I do not know what will happen, as complete Development dept is getting laid off.

I have decided to go ahead and face the interview. I have employment letter and all other required papers in proper shape.

Does it matter even if do not work for a day after my interview for the company, the day I may go back could be for collecting final papers from the company.

What are your opinion(s) about this? I am in India now and going to Medicals next week.

Another update is Company may file chapter 7 only in Jan end or Feb, but lay off is the problem.

Please help !!! Please help !!!

No Title

If U got the offer letter just go ahead and do the CP.
I just did cp on dec 4th and was a breeze no questions asked.
If U dont have the offer letter than it is a difficult situation.

Try to prepone ur Interview

do to consulate and ask for an earlier interview date - pls don;t be nrevous when talk to consulate personnel...chal All the Best :)

No Title

Make sure you are not formally notified of termination prior to POE. After that, it does not matter.
You can do that by taking some leave time of any kind.

Difficult situation.

My I140 was approved in Feb and priority date current in July. I opted Consular and INS lost my papers. I found that the papers were available in NVC only Dec 4th. I\'m pregnant and will be unable to travel after March 15th. Is there any hope?????

What papers?

I called the Congressman\'s office and she asked me for medical records and I\'m in the process of getting that done. I check with NVC and they donot pay heed to anything all they say is 4-6 weeks.