URGENT: Please help in H - F conversion with 6year expiration ?

krishna raj k

Registered Users (C)
Can anybody PLEASE (asap) shed light on the H1-F2 and H4-F1 visa conversion process from within the US.

1. My wife is joining a university for her masters and I heard that I have to file I-539 to convert her status from H4 - F1. I would like to know if this is accurate and if so how long does this take.

2. I will be applying shortly for my 485 and 6 year limit on H may expire before I get my EAD. Can anybody preferably Jim (or any legal person), tell me what I can file to convert from H1 to F2 for the short duration ?

Thank you very much

No Title

> I heard that I have to file I-539 to convert her status from H4 - F1. I would like to know if this is accurate and if so how long does this take.

Yes you have to use form I-539

Time depends on the service center you have applied.

> I will be applying shortly for my 485 and 6 year limit on H may expire before I get my EAD. Can anybody preferably Jim (or any legal person), tell me what I can file to convert from H1 to F2 for the short duration ?

Before you apply for 485 then you are eligible for 1 year extension beyond 6 year with labor and I-140 approvals. Then you dont need to convert from H1 to F2 it will not be a good move if you want GC via H1.

Thanks

I find that the H1 ext takes $2500. This is a lot of money which I would like to avoid by going on vacation or temporarily F-2 for which I wont be paid.

I would like to know why F2 is bad for green card ? Can I go on B1 visa maybe ? Please help.