Urgent Please Help:..Do I have to get H-1B approval to file I-140(labor substition)

network

Registered Users (C)
Hi Friends,

I am filing my I-140 application thru labor substitution process...do I have to get H-1B approval to file I-140...is H-1B approval is one of the required doc to file I-140...my attroney is saying that I don\'t have to have H-1B approval notice is that true( Attorney did applied for H-1B last week)...please help me friends...so that I can jump to that company...

Thanks to All.

Your attorney is right

You don\'t need to have approval.. if your visa is expired and extention is filed it\'s enough.. I was in ur position and got I-140 approved..

I don\'t have H-1B from this company...

Hi,

thanks for your reply...

the attorney that I am dealing with is attorney of the company that I going join...he filed my H-1B transfer last week...as I don\'t have H-1B with that company till now & they just filed my new H-1B tranfer a week ago & considering that situation can they file I-140 with out getting H-1B transfer approval...please help me...

No Title

H1-B and GC are two different issues. Your H1-B is for your present job. GC is for u future job and it is not dependent on your H1-B. You do not even have to work for your company before your GC approval.

I am just waiting for this kind of reply...

Hi Marta,

Thank you very much...I really appreciate that...I will send my paper work right now for I-140 thank you again...