Urgent: Please Help, 9089 Questions

permhelp2006

Registered Users (C)
My employer is not using any attorney services and I am worried if my employer did this right.We are planning to file next week. Can sombody please review the answers for the following questions and see if it is right ?

Thanks a bunch in advance

Section H form 9089

3. Job Title : Computer Systems Analyst- Financial

4. Education: minimum required : Bachelor’s

4B: Major field of study: Computer Science Engg

5. Is training required in the job opportunity: No

6. Is experience in the job offered required for the job: Yes

6-A. If yes, number of months experience required: 60

7. Is there an alternate field of study that is acceptable?: No

7A. If yes, specify alternate major field of study: N/A

8. Is there an alternate combination of education and experience that is acceptable? : NO

8A: Alternate level of education: N/A

8C: indicate the number of years experience acceptable in question 8: NA

9. Is foreign educational equivalent acceptable? Yes

10. Is experience in an alternate occupation acceptable? No

10-A. If yes, number of months experience in alternate position required: N/A

10-B Identify the job title of the acceptable alternate occupation: N/A

15. Does this application involve a job opportunity that includes a combination of occupations: No

16. is this position identified in this appln beign offered to the alien identified in Section J : Yes

17. Does the Job require the alien to live on the employers premises: No

Section J Alien information

17. Did the alien complete the traning required for the requested job opportunity, as indicated in question H5. : N/A

18. Does the alien have the experience as required for the requested job opportunity indicated in question H6? Yes

19. Does the alien posses the alternate combination of education experience as indicated in question H.8? N/A

20 Does the alien have the experience in an alternate occupation specified in question H.10.? N/A

21. No

22. No.

23. Yes

I suggest you should get an attorney to look at this for you.

Your answers to several questions, most specifically H6 and J18 are probably going to land you with a denial.

Thanks thePERMINATOR, my employer answered "Yes" to H6 and J18, Do you see any problem with these answers ? Since, now it is too late to go to an attorney as my employer is almost ready to file by next week.

thePERMINATOR said:
I suggest you should get an attorney to look at this for you.

Your answers to several questions, most specifically H6 and J18 are probably going to land you with a denial.

this depends

No prob man. From what I have experienced: When you put down H6Yes and J18Yes you are saying that you are relying entirely on your experience IN that job.

So (for example). if Im employed by a company on an H and I start a perm for my position (as scuba diving instructor) I put down I needed 6 months exp as a scuba diver instructor I would need 6 months exp as a scuba diver instructor when I started the job, however long ago that was. you need to show you had the exact experienc before you worked at the employer. If you exp doesnt fit this, Id recomend saying yes to H6 but also looking at Q10 and seeing if you can fit in your experience there. Then in 18 you say NO not NA. This means you have that exp but arent relying on it...

hope this helps! :) These PERMs require a lot of knowledge of labor law to fill in correctly :rolleyes:

it depends

Thanks thePERMINATOR, I see what you are saying, I am having exactly the same experience mentioned in the job description, and I have 2 years more than required in the Job description.I am hoping that should be fine in that case, but thanks for the heads up.