urgent..please advise..RFE

roran

Registered Users (C)
I just spoke with my employer. She says that she cannot put an annual salary on my Emp Letter without specifying the hourly rate. I do not know what to do.
Is it okay if something like "paid $XX/hour which is annualized to $XXXXX" appears on the employment letter ?
I am waiting for my lawyer's response.
What should I do?

You are OK if the salary is

equal/above the mentioned salary during labour certificate.

You havent mentioned what stage of GC are you in? If you are applying for LC and you are applying under RIR then you should show future salary around 78K per year.

If you are taking this employment letter for GC RFE then make sure it matches or is around the figure mentioned in Labour Certificate.

Hope this helps.

gbaliga

This is for I 485(the third stage) RFE.
If they just multiply my hourly rate with no of hours/yr, it will be 35K more than labor !!
Should there be any problem with hourly mentioned in Employment letter ?

NO PROBLEM

More the MERRIER!!! Thats why you are BEST among the REST... ha ha...

Dont worry you are fine till it is ABOVE that figure....

Relax

gbaliga:

Thanks for yor quick response. My lawyer(who is my previous comp's lawyer) said that it is fine.
Anyways, to have a second opinion, I fixed a consultation with another lawyer before sending the doc's to my lawyer.

Get Advice from your Attorney

Roran,

Since the GC is based on permanent employment it would be advisable in my opinion to show the annual salary as opposed to the hourly calculation. Perhaps, I am being all too cautious.

You are so close to approval, do it right. What is your attorney's opinion? This must be a common occurrence.

-harris

Everyone:

Thanks for your feedback.

Here is my format which I sent to my employer this morning.
==============================================
To whom ever this may concern:

This letter is being provided for verification of employment of Ms.X with XYZ since <start dat> till date as a <Same job title as in labor> with an annual salary of $XXXXX.

In this capacity, Ms. X performs the following duties:

< Labor Certification duties mentioned >

Ms.X has been a valuable asset for XYZ. If you have any questions or need further information, please do not hesitate to contact me at <phone number>

=============================================

I spoke with my HR and they say they have to mention sometihing like " hourly which is annualised to"

If any of you have any suggestions to add to this format please feel free to reply.

Re: You are OK if the salary is

Originally posted by gbaliga
equal/above the mentioned salary during labour certificate.

You havent mentioned what stage of GC are you in? If you are applying for LC and you are applying under RIR then you should show future salary around 78K per year.

If you are taking this employment letter for GC RFE then make sure it matches or is around the figure mentioned in Labour Certificate.

Hope this helps.

Hey gbaliga,

What's with you, the LC, RIR and the 78K requirement? You've been advising that to everyone. This might be your specific case. You're making it sound like it's an INS requirement across the board.

I don't want to disturb you guys but yesterday when I attended Murthy's chat she was asked about the salary raise issue for I485 and she replied that if its a similar new job with salary hike then it sounds ok but if its the same old job with salary increase then there might be problems as INS might odject that why it was not advertised to citizens and other green card holders? So, be careful guys!!

status..

I just dropped the RFE docs at the lawyers place this morning. Employer just framed the letter as me working 40hrs/week, earning $XX/ hour which is annualised to $XXXXXX. I hope everything works out good. I was lucky that I was not asked for prospect for continued employment. I was sure that my employer will not provide one.