Urgent, please advice - Citizenship Interview

krishnraj

I do not have a Selective Service registration status letter and my Interview is in next 5 days. I did not have to register since I got my GC when I was 31 and jsut realized that I may have to carry a status letter to the intervire

Here is my status...

Entered country as F1 at age 23
after two years got H1 till age 31
Got GC at age 31.

Can I use my F1 and H1 dates to show that I did not have to register for SS to the INS officer and is it enough ???

What can I do between now and next 5 days that may help in my interview ??

Please advice..

thanks!!!

Re

thanks Suriyan.

One of my friend who had an interview couple of weeks back at the same INS center was asked for SS status letter. He had a same background as me ( Got GC at age 30) and he did carry his SS letter and everything went well. This information is making me crazy.

Any one in the forum who already had an interview and was in same boat as me, please throw more light...thanks!!!!

krishnraj said:
thanks Suriyan.

One of my friend who had an interview couple of weeks back at the same INS center was asked for SS status letter. He had a same background as me ( Got GC at age 30) and he did carry his SS letter and everything went well. This information is making me crazy.

Any one in the forum who already had an interview and was in same boat as me, please throw more light...thanks!!!!

i was in the similar situation. I got my green card when I was 29. I came to US on F1 when i was at 21. I had my SS letter to show I was not required to register. However, the interview officer did not even ask my any question regarding the SSS. By law, I was not required to register (per my status) and why would I have to prove I was not required? law has already listed very clearly.

ocworker said:
i was in the similar situation. I got my green card when I was 29. I came to US on F1 when i was at 21. I had my SS letter to show I was not required to register. However, the interview officer did not even ask my any question regarding the SSS. By law, I was not required to register (per my status) and why would I have to prove I was not required? law has already listed very clearly.

I got my GC too at 30..I have been here in US since 1993 on H1B,L1A etc. I know I shouldnt be worried about SS letter but where did you get the exemption letter anyway?

Your interview notification letter states that you need to bring a letter from SS but it says that on EVERYONE's notice - even for women who are not required to register. That's because it's a standard pre-formatted letter. So don't worry - they are not going to ask you for any letter because you were not a LPR before age 26.

Sam

krishnraj,

Dont worry about it. Two of my friends went to interview with out the letter as they were not needed to register (gc after 28 years). They came out of the interview successful. It is better to have one if we are not needed to register and definitely not a must. In GC, our DOB & the date when we got the GC are printed.

Best of Luck for ur interview