Urgent PCC validity period

Zapit

Registered Users (C)
Hi

What is the validity period for PCC issued by Indian Consulate?
I heard it is 6 months.

My PCC was issued by Indian Consulate San Francisco in June 2003. And interview is in Jan 2004 ending.
I have not traveled outside of US since PCC.

I have sent email to Mumbai consulate but no reply yet.
Reason I am asking this Indian consulate may again take 2 or more weeks to issue new PCC

Can some please share their experience?

Thanks

Zapit

Various opinions on this forum suggest PCC validity to be of six months. No personal experience though.

zapit:

I concur with jigesh that indian pcc validity is 6 months! I had received such an email in october 03 and also asked at the counter in bbay prior to my interview just out of curiosity sake!

Although i know of a friends pcc being accepted despite being 6.5 months old...since it was only 2 weeks past i think it was considered. Since in your case it would have been expired by more than 2 months i would recommend applying for a new one and specifically inform the sfo indian consulate your situation so that they can issue another pcc prior to your leaving for india and also explain that you have not been to india since issue of the last indian pcc in june 03!

Thanks kd, jigesh for response.
I wasted one day waiting for Consulate reply. Monday first thing I am doing is visit Indian Consulate SFO, I hope they understand and don’t follow routine procedure of sending it to India.

It is over 2 months, better redo it.

Regards

zapit:

Needless to say if for someone your new pcc gets delayed...atleast take a receipt of some shape or form from the sfo consulate that you have diligently applied for a new pcc....

ONLY if SFO does not issue new PCC:
If for some reason sof consulate refuses to give new pcc before you leave for india then when you get to bbay apply for the same pcc at commissioner officer in bbay and you will get a local police pcc which will be in place of the sfo issue pcc.

Got new PCC same day.

Hi,

I went to Indian Consulate SFO, for new PCC.
Came stock reply, it will take one month.
Showed the old PCC to the lady on the counter, Fortunately she listen and went to talk to her officer inside, Came back and asked me come back to collect PCC at 4:30 PM.!!

Thanks