URGENT - PCC not issued

DalRanger

Registered Users (C)
Hello Experts,
I have not been issued the PCC from Indian Consulate, Houston yet. I am scheduled to travel to India on July 14th. How critical is it to have the PCC issued. Can I attend the interview without the PCC and explain to the consular interviewer that I will be submitting that later, will that work or would I get rejected.

Is there anyone who has been to an interview with out PCC and submitted that at a later time.

Please help me by providing some alternatives.

Thank you,
Regards,
-DR.

hi Dalranger
PCC was in one of the imp. documents for the interview, so it is a must to grant theh GC. go to houston consulate personally and tell them ur urgency and request it , they should grant you. i have seen in the forums ppl doing and getting it. in the meantime also try to get it from India at local police offices and regional passport offices. for more details look at immihelp.com. good luck

HI Dalranger

Rajender is rigtht. Withut PCC, VFS will not accept the document and it may cause cancellation of your interview. so you have following options

1. Drive/Fly houston and get it by hand by requesting the urency
2. If you have not sent passpprt to houston, then forget it. Come back to india and apply PCC at RPO and local police station and keep your pocket full of money as you have to shower them with Rs. to it quickly
3. Reschedule your interview (not very good option if consulates really have visa numbers prior to our interview, which I am still doubtfull)

Hope this helps.

-vmn

hi Dalranger
PCC was in one of the imp. documents for the interview, so it is a must to grant theh GC. go to houston consulate personally and tell them ur urgency and request it , they should grant you. i have seen in the forums ppl doing and getting it. in the meantime also try to get it from India at local police offices and regional passport offices. for more details look at immihelp.com. good luck

no, VFS will still accept your submission without PCC. I checked with Chennai consualte. However at the time of interview you have to bring it and IV will only be issued with PCC.

You could submit PCC after the interview

You can submit the documents without PCC and also attend the interview without it. You will not get the IV stamped in your passport after the interview and you will have to submit the PCC at VFS office as soon as it's available and after that you will get IV stamped in your passport. Only VFS courier fees has to be paid again but you will not be asked to attend interview again.

If you don't take a PCC from here, you will have to get the PCC from regional passport office and local police station in India.

Last edited by a moderator:
So would the allot and keep your VISA number secured even if they didn't issue IV stamp?

Please advise.

-vmn
You can submit the documents without PCC and also attend the interview without it. You will not get the IV stamped in your passport after the interview and you will have to submit the PCC at VFS office as soon as it's available and after that you will get IV stamped in your passport. Only VFS courier fees has to be paid again but you will not be asked to attend interview again.

If you don't take a PCC from here, you will have to get the PCC from regional passport office and local police station in India.

You are basically approved pending submission of required documents. My colleague went thr similar situation last month and he submitted the PCC from passport office after the interview to the VFS office. Just had to pay VFS courier fee again.

Thanks guys,
How safe is it if I submit the PCC from regional passport office and local police station.

Has anyone done this before. Would they be denying my case because I did not have the PCC from Indian Consulate in US.

I can manage to get the clearance in India from regional passport office and local police station.

This is the only thing stopping me from flying to India. Would you guys recommend me to go to the interview with the clearance from RPO and local police station.

Your advice is of great help to me.

Thank you,
Regards,
-DR.

Pcc

PCC from regional passport office and local police station is more than sufficient. Actually these people are more used to seeing these certificates compared to PCC issued by embassies. (due to family based immigration)

In my case my wife had PCCs issued from India and mine was issued by indian embassy in NY. The lady at VFS didn't ask even a single question for my wife's PCC but she asked me why I got it from embassy and not from the passport office and local police station.

Warning: Getting the PCCs from regional passport office and local police station may not be pleasant experience.

If one wants to get PCC done in India (from local Police Station & Regional Passport Office) would they have to stamp something on the passport or can they just issue a letter.

Thanks,
-DR.

If one wants to get PCC done in India (from local Police Station & Regional Passport Office) would they have to stamp something on the passport or can they just issue a letter.

Thanks,
-DR.

Passport office and police both will give you the letter. Passport office also stamp on the passport saying that PCC was issued on <Date>.

I think you should attend the interview and explain to them (US consulate) if you are not able to obtain the PCC from the consulate.

Thanks

If you cant get the PCC from Houston, get it from the Passport office in India. It is more than acceptable. If you dont submit the PCC then your case is Pending submission of documents.,

Given the current situtaion and unavailability of visa numbers I stringly suggets that you get the PCC from local Police station and Passport office in India and make that interview.

Thanks guys for your advises, Finally Houston Consulate issued the PCC. I am heading to India tomorrow for the interview.

Thanks,
-DR.

congrats DR

Please answer following to help other members here want to apply PCC at local consulate

1. Was your passport issued from Houston?
2, Which date you aplly for PCC?

Thanks and post your interview exp afterwards.

-vmn
Thanks guys for your advises, Finally Houston Consulate issued the PCC. I am heading to India tomorrow for the interview.

Thanks,
-DR.

Hello All,
My Passport or my wife's passport were NOT issued from Houston.

While applying for PCC we explained our scenario and requested them to expedite the process, the lady at the counter was not happy with our request but asked us to write a letter explaining the urgency and submit it to them

We had written a request to expedite the PCC letter and submitted it along with our PCC applications

After a day they called us and told us that my wife's PCC is cleared and issued the certificate with a stamp in the passport.

For my case they said that they had faxed the request for clearance to Regional Passport office in India. From here on they said they can do nothing but wait for the clearance from India. It could take anywhere from 1 day to 30 days for RPO in India to respond.

I could manage to speed up the process in India and they had faxed the response back to Houston. Pick the phone call the RPO in India and be very polite to the PRO person and request them to expedite the process OR if you can, use influence. The former worked for me. Ofcourse had to forgo sleep, but hey its worth it.

The very next day lady from Houston consulate called me and said its ready to pickup.

SO guys, if you are in a similar situation do ask the Consulate here in US if they had faxed a request to RPO in India. If they did that, you need to work your magic back in India to expedite the process.

The service agents in Houston consulate are nice and co-operative, you need to sweet talk them :cool:

Good Luck to all who are in similar situation.

Thanks,
-DR.

Great and very usefull infornation

Did you go to Houston cons. to do all this or did all the talk on phone. In past they never picked the phone once I have called them, may be changed since then.

Thanks

vman

Hello All,
My Passport or my wife's passport were NOT issued from Houston.

While applying for PCC we explained our scenario and requested them to expedite the process, the lady at the counter was not happy with our request but asked us to write a letter explaining the urgency and submit it to them

We had written a request to expedite the PCC letter and submitted it along with our PCC applications

After a day they called us and told us that my wife's PCC is cleared and issued the certificate with a stamp in the passport.

For my case they said that they had faxed the request for clearance to Regional Passport office in India. From here on they said they can do nothing but wait for the clearance from India. It could take anywhere from 1 day to 30 days for RPO in India to respond.

I could manage to speed up the process in India and they had faxed the response back to Houston. Pick the phone call the RPO in India and be very polite to the PRO person and request them to expedite the process OR if you can, use influence. The former worked for me. Ofcourse had to forgo sleep, but hey its worth it.

The very next day lady from Houston consulate called me and said its ready to pickup.

SO guys, if you are in a similar situation do ask the Consulate here in US if they had faxed a request to RPO in India. If they did that, you need to work your magic back in India to expedite the process.

The service agents in Houston consulate are nice and co-operative, you need to sweet talk them :cool:

Good Luck to all who are in similar situation.

Thanks,
-DR.