Dada Babu

Registered Users (C)
Hi every body:

Following are my details:

RD: SEPT 05, 2000
ND: SEPT 29, 2000
TRANSFER DATE TO LOCAL INS OFFICE FOR INTERVIEW: SEPT 15, 2001
SCHEDULE FOR INTERVIEW: MARCH 14, 2002.

For interview, the INS has requested letter from employer, my attorney is insisting upon my employer that they should put my position title the same as it was on my Labor Certificate application. When my company started my process it was May 1999, since then my company promoted me into a senior position to keep up with my increased salary (since mine is a public agency), but what i was doing back then, I am doing the same thing today. Being a public agency my office is not willing to write my old position title and at this point my attorney said it could create problem at the interview.

do you have any advice? please share, because after a long process if anything goes wrong it will be disaster for me. I am very upset?????

Do not get upset

Tell them your situation and they will accept. Suppose if you are working as a S/W engineer and if you get promoted as Sr. S/w Engineer it won\'t make any problem since there both are same. (I red somewhere in the lawyer\'s web site) Visit to http://online.onetcenter.org/. you can check whether your LC job is matching your current job title.

This should not be a problem

Since there is no change in your area of work, it should be fine. Do not worry.

Also could you please give the following info
- Which Service center
- Which Local office
- When did you receive the interview letter

I\'m waiting for my interview letter
RD: 20 Sep 2000
ND: 20 Oct 2000
FP: 15 May 2001
RFE issued: 5 Dec 2001 (BC)
Transfered from NSC to Detroit local office: Jan 7 2002

Thanks and Good luck !