Urgent need your help

desidost333

Registered Users (C)
Hello Experts,

My father is in major medical care. So, I am the one need to take care of him. It is quite expensive and I can't effort even though I tried to bring him to US. But, I got a medical advise from senior doctors and Insurance companies better to continue treatment in India which are same kind of medications in US.

I have filed I-485 and I-140 in concurrent on April 2003. I got EAD, Travel Documents and I-140 approved two months ago. My H1B getting expires by end of this month (six years period over). I didn’t file for H1B seventh year extension.

If I go to India, I may need to stay there for a while. I am not in a position to decided without you guys help, I don't what to do?
Please give me best possible advises in regards? at < raokcb@hotmail.com >

Thanks for your time and help
Desidost

I am not an expert but There is couple of things.

AP must be renewed every year. You cannot leave the country before the approval every time. In service centers like Texas it is taking around six months.

While with H1 you can travel even if it is pending. Only thing you have to get it stamped every year. You can do that in India with drop box.

I would suggest now you can file for H1b extension. just get it stamped before coming here.

I-485 will continue to be process, initially you will have to appear for Finger
Printing within time defined or reply back for rescheduling.. Process
will continue even if you are not present in United States.
If you have Employment based petition, you need employment
verification at the time of I-485 approval, With ND of April 2003 you
are looking at year 2005 (End of 2004 at earliest).

---------
My 2 cents, I am not an attorney!