Urgent !!! Need inputs on the employment letter as given by my lawyer ...

im9999

Registered Users (C)
I need your advice on the following employment letter which my lawyer is saying is the right format. My concern is that the letter only talks of future employment and doesn't say that I am already working with the company. Also, it tells that my salary will be atleast whats in the LC and not my current salary, which is higher than that of the LC. Is this format ok? Any inputs are greatly appreciated ....

U.S. Embassy, Consular Section
New Delhi, India

Re: <My Name> Case #XXXXXX

Dear Sir or Madam:

I am writing this letter to certify that Mr. <My Name> will be employed by <Company Name> upon his return to the United States with an immigrant visa in the position of <Job Title>. He will be employed in the same position for which certification was obtained from the U.S. Department of Labor and for which an I-140 Petition was filed and approved on his behalf with the Immigration and Naturalization Service. Mr. <My Name> will do as per <LC Job Profile> and will continue employment at various client sites, particularly at present in <Job Location>. His employment is neither seasonal nor temporary but constitutes a full time offer of employment.

He will be paid a salary of not less than <Annual Salary> per year in this position. His prospects for continued employment are good. Please call me if you have any questions.

Very truly yours,

Name and title

Sworn to and subscribed
before me this ______ day
of _________, 2002.

My commission Expires:

Notary Seal

im9999, since GC is for future

employment and salary is based on LC, I think you are ok. Letter is confiming the future employment, which is important and the salary mentioned in LC. You got to be careful when you come back, since your current salary is more that that metioned in LC and the employemtn letter, otherwise in my openion, you are fine.

Any comments, CPers????

your lawyer is right

The content of the employment letter looks ok.

The content is similar to what I had in my employment letter.

Be cool
vtcat