Urgent Need help about CP

padmayv

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,
  My I-824 got approved on Feb.6 from Texas and any ideas how long it will take to transfer to NVC and my H1 expires on May. Can I send my packet3 to chennai with 824 approval and add a cover letter or Is it better to wait till the case gets created in NVC and then send packet3. In later case I need to extend my Visa. I appreciate any suggessions. Please give me some suggession..

Yup. Chennai does not accept AC140 (usually)

So you will have to wait till the case is cleared through NVC. Either way, it would be safer to get your H1 extension, as even with AC140, there is no guarantee about when you will get your interview, etc

This is not a case of AC 140

I think you can send it along with 824 approval. There is nothing wrong in sending packet 3. This is definately not a case of AC 140 because you have the 824 approval - my suggestion - send it.

Sorry my mistake. Since you have 824 approved, you can send pkt 3

But regarding your H1 visa, when is it expiring ? Sending your pkt 3 doesnot guarantee an interview for a certain date. The consulate also needs to get all your papers from NVC (although they may schedule an interview based on what you have given and if NVC has intimated them about your case). So, if you are cutting it really close, it may be better to apply for an H1 extension

No Title

Hi Padmayv,
Can you tell me when you applied for your 824 (receipt date etc) as I am also waiting for my 824 approval from Chennai.

Thanks

a Friendly Advise

Hi,
Mine was a similar case. I submitted my papers with approval notice, but i was asked to resubmit again after i got the notice from NVC. So my advise would be to wait till you get your papers from NVC.

Thanking You,
Purnaram.K