Urgent: Need F1 visa stamp?

nikunj7

Registered Users (C)
Under-graduate degree: Univ A (graduated on Apr 2002)
OPT Card Validity: May 2002 thru May 2003 (In India since Dec 02)
Masters: Admitted to Univ B (Duration: June 03 thru May 04)
F1 Visa expiry date: July 2004

Do I need to go for another visa or will this one do? If this visa stamp works, what documents do I need to carry to make sure there are no issues? Appreciate all your advise.

Thanks.

if your current F-1 visa is still valid at the time of your return from abroad, you do not have to get a new one. You will have to have a signed I-20, valid passport, valid visa (it doesn't matter that you got it for Uni A and are now attending Uni B).

Now, it's strange that you have only been given 1 year to complete your master's degree (June 03 to May 04). Did you graduate already and are now on OPT? What's going on?

I think the new rules require that you be registered for classes at the time of your return, so that information is electronically submitted to SEVIS and then to DOS. Your international adviser will be able to tell you if it's still required.

F1 Visa Stamping

Hi,

I am in a similar situation right now like the one you were in. I was on H1B and I have changed my status from H1B to F1. I have joined my university as a full-time student and now I need to get F1 visa stamping. I would like to know few things about F1 stamping.

• Should I go to Canada or Mexico? Which one would be quick and easy?
• Does the processing time differ from one US Consulate to other? Is there any particular US Consulate/Embassy in Canada or Mexico that I should be going to so the process is quick and easy for me?
• What documents do I need to provide to the US Consulate? Do the document requirements differ from one US Consulate to the other?
• How much time the visa stamping process would take?
• Since my status has already been changed are there still any chances of rejections? If yes, then what are my options?
• How sooner do I need to take appointment with the US Consulate? How much is the waiting period?

Your feedback would be highly appreciated. Thanking you in advance.

Ankit Patel.